wanting to get into the whole helo deal

Hey, Im 15, and have been interested in heli's for years. did the whole RC helicopter deal. I was wondering, if i wanted to pursue a career in heli piloting, where would i start? any good books you would recommend to learn from? whats the minimum age to start lessons? how much would it cost for the amount of training i would need to start a career? any advice would be great, looking to take an interest to the next level :)

You're the same age as my grandson.

Get the rotorcraft flying handbook and have a go at that. Then find a school or ten and talk to the IP's there. See what their program is like and if you think you can tolerate the IP. :D

Next, go for a ride. They should let you fly a little and demonstrate a few manuvers. Remember; pressure, not movement.

It'll cost ya about $50k-$70k. Hopefully you have a trust fund or something.

Minimum age? Do you remember that 12 year old girl that was trying to fly from Califonia to D.C.? Well, she was 12. There;s no minimum age to fly, but you have to be 16 to get a private license. Start now young buckaroo.

One last thing; HAVE FUN !!!!!

Later

Hey, Im 15, and have been interested in heli's for years. did the whole RC helicopter deal. I was wondering, if i wanted to pursue a career in heli piloting, where would i start? any good books you would recommend to learn from? whats the minimum age to start lessons? how much would it cost for the amount of training i would need to start a career? any advice would be great, looking to take an interest to the next level :)

Jon,

Get your parents involved in your dream. Look into Utah Valley as a way to go after high school.

A degree program that lets you learn and fly at the same time is worth checking out. Take Mom or Dad to the airport or flight school to look around and talk to the instructors. Your age group needs to get involved with aviation. Someone is going to have to fill the gap when us old timers don't have the strength to push pedals. Best of luck. Follow your dreams.

Mike