Heli fly-in & BBQ

klasmartin

Ha! So it was you who was disturbing my Saturday afternoon! Only kidding....I was listening to you lot (on 120.6 - couldn't not). It sounded like fun stuff. Where did you land? Pak A?

Video looks good. It's nice to advertise some of the beauty of Hong Kong, that so many people don't know exists.

Can you PM me John Li's number?

And what about that beer down at the club?! Are you busy midweek? I have a lot of midweek days off just now. Weekends are bad.

Cheers,

Joker

Yeah that was us! Was a really good time. So was it really 5km vis that day?!?

Well, the Zone Controller did ask me what the vis was in the harbour. I considered reporting 4.5ks, but I figured that would spoil your fun. Didn't want to do that, so 5.1ks it was! He accepted that with a 'wink' in his voice.

Joker

Wow, HK looks amazing....makes me upset to be stuck in the states.

OK< I just did a quick fuel calculation, I dont think I can get from Van Nuys to Hong Kong without some slight adjustments !

So how about all of us in the Los Angeles area getting together??

Maybe Brackett ?? Dont they have some BBQ's over by the restaurant? OR maybe just meet at the restaurant?

BBQ sounds soooo good right now B)

Roger- are you living down here now ?? Maybe Rob and you and I could hook up..and whoever else wants to fly in ! Lemme know. Goldy

I'll be in Torrance June 11-14. If you have one then, let me know.

Later

Did some filming of a Hong Kong Aviation club organized helicopter fly-in & BBQ last weekend. It is a VERY rough and quick edit and the image quality isn't the greatest but I think you can get the idea. Check it out here if interested:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=47...10955&hl=en

Regards,

Martin

Martin,

That was very nice bit of video work. Looked like lots of fun.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks everyone for your comments. It was a good time but just wish I could've flown the helicopter back to Kai Tak instead of having to hike up the hill and catch a bus!

The video editing is a bit of a hobby I suppose and I have alot of footage I'd like to share. Problem is finding the time and the hard drive space to do so!

Heli-Ops:

I don't know Peter but I have been fortunate enough to fly in both the EC120's that are here. Even put my hands on the controls on one of them and did some approaches and hovering. It was very interesting to go from a R22 to a EC120 with only 50 hours in my logbook!

Joker:

Did you get my PM? By the way, where we landed was Pak Lao, just to the right of Pak A.