Red Bull Air Race Helicopter Pilots

Ryan F.

The Red Bull Air Race was here in San Francisco two weeks ago during Fleet Week, so I went to check it out. (Anyone else catch it?) While watching the air race itself was quite impressive, I have to say I was more impressed watching the helicopter pilots in action. Zooming in and out, very close to the aerobatic planes, getting some amazing aerial photography.

Does anyone know any of the helicopter pilots that worked that race? One ran the course and did some impressive aerobatics. I just wondered if these pilots were local to SF.

post-3207-1161241896_thumb.jpg

I wasn't there put i have been following the series on television. Very impressive flying from both the fixed wing and helo guys. You don't see any helos on the tv show but you can really appreciate the video angles they are getting. I think the series is almost over but you can catch it on Fox Sports Network. Next airing is December 11th i believe. You can find the schedule here.

I was there and agree they did quite a show. I don't think that the pilots were local as I believe that they are part of the Red Bull team that travels with the races. I looked at the Red Bull Air Race website and it only mentions the race pilots, so who they are exactly I do not know...but someone must.

Doug