Rotor assembly found in Montana wilderness

Taneli

An apparently damaged helicopter rotor assembly was found in Montana in the wilderness, miles from a road but close to a 4 wheeler trail. It appears to have been overhauled by Hangxin of China. Has it been involved in a crash? Has it been stolen? Is it military? Is it private? Is it corporate? The numbers found on the casting are SE:7130S, RZ4MI, 31309300103. I have contacted the Montana State Police, the Helana FAA, the Malstrom AFB in Great Falls, the Hangxin company in China, and the local police. There has been no interest shown to date. Where did this thing come from? I have pictures but I do not know how to attach them to this site. Taneli

The FAA in Helena, Montana responded and they will address the issue in their Monday meeting. The model is still unknown, so this suggestion about a Alouett II is interesting and welcome. Can someone tell me how to get a photo off of my desktop and unto this page so you guys can take a look at it? I do not know how this site works, yet.

• 2 weeks later...