Log books

John90290

Curious, does anyone use either on online log book or other form of computer log book in addition to your standard book? I’ve found a few on line that streamline the entry process. Might be a good back up to have that you can access from any FBO computer terminal should you not have yours on hand or, god forbid misplace it.

Any thoughts from the group?

I created an MS Access Application for my logbook.

Backend comprises of some straight forward tables much like any other logbook would have.

The frontend is where its worth shows. I custom write the data entry forms for whatever job I'm in at the time. With clever relationships and queries, the data is sent to the main logbook tables. With even more clever queries and code, I can extract what ever data I need. How many flights with that person (SIC) to this airport in that aircraft in the last month? That sort of thing. The frontend is properly produced so it works as you would expect any 'commercial' product.

It produces a great 'Flight Experience Summary' sheet, which I use as part of my aviation CV (resume).

It also tracks my instrument recency, night recency...alerts me when my medicals or licences need renewing, and brings up a page that looks exactly like my paper logbook (including all the totals) so I just copy the stuff into my paper logbook.

Infact the computer logbook is my primary logbook, and the paper one is simply there to keep the authorities happy!

So go and write your own...then you can have what ever functions you want.

If that's not possible, try searching for 'SafeLog'. That seemed to be about the best computer logbook I found. Most similar to mine that I've found.

I don't know about any online logbooks.

Joker

Curious, does anyone use either on online log book or other form of computer log book in addition to your standard book? I’ve found a few on line that streamline the entry process. Might be a good back up to have that you can access from any FBO computer terminal should you not have yours on hand or, god forbid misplace it.

John,

PM me with your personal email, I'll send you an MS Excel logbook.

R91

John,

Go to Articles on this website, click on Free Stuff and then downloads. Scroll down to the one that says logbook master. ENJOY!

R91

I've been using Logbook Pro for several years -- it has scads of reports and ways to cut across your logbook entries.

I've just started using Log Book Pro also. Sounds a lot like what Joker has built for his own needs, obivously not as customized. Personally, as a student, I just like that it auto generates my IACRA forms. As a dual rated pilot (with the small Fisher Price log book from my fixed wing days), it saves me quite a few hours. Not counting the initial entry time of course.

Everyones gone digital and I'm still analog. How depressing.

Later