AH-64D experience

Tacsol

I am curious about opportunities for Apache drivers after they get out of the military. Do their flight hours count towards their experience? I am not a pilot but I hope to be one day and am looking at going the military route. I am interested in the Apache but want to have some experience to take into the civilian world one day. Which military airframe is most highly regarded?

Thanks

I am curious about opportunities for Apache drivers after they get out of the military. Do their flight hours count towards their experience? I am not a pilot but I hope to be one day and am looking at going the military route. I am interested in the Apache but want to have some experience to take into the civilian world one day. Which military airframe is most highly regarded?

Thanks

Hours are hours. It isnt like they are not going to count because they were in the Apache.

The bottom line to any employer will rest entirerly with the pilot themself being a Professional. If you go the military route then you will have more then the usual basic hour and type requirements needed by "most" employers.

Thanks

Heli-o,

There are many more that may know better than I, but from what I understand from the military is that they choose your bird for you. They take into concideration what you want to fly but it is going to be where your aptitude and needs of the military lie. That sums up most of what you do in the military, what it needs you to do.

Wether your flight time counts is another story. Again hearsay. what the FAA and insurance companies accept and what an employer accept for experiance can possibly two or three differant things.

That is my 2cents, any experianced corretions are very welcome. Espetialy with my spelling since spell check has hidden it's self in my browser at least.lol

Dave

Like the first posted said hours are hours and they don't really care what you flew it's just some type of aircraft in the military you will have an easier time transitioning into other aircraft in the civilian world. Nothing out there flys like an Apache.