300cbi airframes from China!

mechanic

I just read that Schweizer Aircraft will start getting its airframes for the CBI from Jiangxi Changhe Aircraft in China. What do you think will happen to the CBI? Cheaper price? Or, just more profit margine and no price change?

Thoughts?

Link

JCA

November 2004. The name change from Changhe Aircraft Industries Corp. to Jiangxi Changhe Aviation Industries Co. is noted.

October 2002. Changhe and Sikorsky conduct a joint market survey on China's demand for civilian helicopters. According to the survey, by the year 2010, China's demand for civilian helicopters would reach 2,000, and by 2020, this demand would grow to around 10,000. This means that China could become the world's largest helicopter market in the 21st century.

In comparison, the forecast by Fu Yuming of China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC) is more guarded. Based on the growth of traffic of China's civilian aircraft fleet in the past 20 years and the utilisation rate of the existing helicopters, Fu predicted that China's demand for civilian helicopters would reach 910 by the year 2015, including 658 light helicopters and 54 heavy-duty helicopters.

only one word can describe this,,,,,,sad Sad SAD,,,,, :( :( :( (so i failed 1st grade arithmatic & cant count)

China has ruined our steel economy, OR should i say America has stood by & let them do it. Who can we blame? The unions? the politicians? corporations? the people of America that let this happen?

I just think its so sad that when i need to buy supplies (machine equipment) and looking at the price differences between American made & Chinese imports---there is no comparison. I admit, a few times i could not resist & bought the lower priced imported parts, & was very happy to see the quality totally sucked & i returned them for American made. This however is not going to be the case for long, China is trying very hard to increase the quality of their products & very soon will.

As far as how will this effect the cbi? i highly doubt the price will come down, but i would wager my bottom dollar that the union workers at Schweizer factory have "something" to say about all this.

As far as how will this effect the cbi? i highly doubt the price will come down, but i would wager my bottom dollar that the union workers at Schweizer factory have "something" to say about all this.

I doubt the union workers in elmira have any time to say 'something' about it, they're too busy working on blackhawks.

Just because some components are being made over seas doesnt mean that american companies arent profiting from those expanded sales. Sure some chinaman is profiting from the work he's doing but so is the guy in the usa doing the lion's share of the tech work. It says right in the article that schwiezer is too busy working on other programs (more important than CBi's) so they're doing what they have to to maintain sales of an in-demand aircraft. Should they just lower production???? No.

P.S.-find me any aircraft made entirely in one country

I doubt the union workers in elmira have any time to say 'something' about it

union workers ALWAYS have something to say about their jobs being taken away,,,,

Years ago, my friend used to run a CNC prototype department for Lucent Technologies. One day he came into work & the management gave him a choice: 1) quit now 2) pack up the department & move to China for a few weeks to set up the Chinese w/ "your shop" & he would be "generously" rewarded for his efforts ( around 15 thousand $$ after all is set up in China) BTW? he had no job to come back to after the set-up in China,,,,,,,

makes ya think huh? :unsure:

ps: i can show you plenty of aircraft made in one country-----just not anymore these days :o

After reading that article, I can see why a Chinese CO. bought out Brantly.... If growth does reach what is expected to? By the increase's given in the est's in the report..

Chinese owns Brantly? hmmm it does kinda look like a flying eggroll :lol:

union workers ALWAYS have something to say about their jobs being taken away,,,,

makes ya think huh? :unsure:

ps: i can show you plenty of aircraft made in one country-----just not anymore these days :o

Of course they do, but thats not whats happening in this case...schwiezer (sikorsky) just built a new 10,000 sq/ft production facility. Jobs are being added in elmira not taken away. And also- union workers are typically selfish and greedy (more so than non union certainly) and I bet if you asked them if their profit sharing/ stock options would appreciate if they made this move as opposed to hiring more workers and keeping production here with no appreciation they'd take the money every time. On second thought they'd probably vote to keep the production here and then strike for better pay...and longer coffee breaks. My point is that schwiezer doesnt have the room to do this work, and your union buddies have made it too expensive to expand properly. These companies serve their shareholders and if bad economic policies here mean they can make more money elswhere then they're beholden to do so.

Makes ya think Huh?

ps- my point exactly- welcome to the 21st century

Pokey,

I miss spoke, my memory kills me sometimes. Brantly Inter. is backed by a Chinese Co...Sorry.. These quotes were taken from Brantly.info from a poster who went to the factory.

Back to the balancing act that Mr.Yao, is struggling with. As most everyone knows by know Brantly is financed by a large privately held company in China, who appear to only want to invest the minimun amout of money to maintain the company. While this is better than closing the door, it does not allow for promotion, R&D, or production of completed units on any scale, or replacement parts. For those employees in Texas this has to be a frustrating situation.

The company in China has the funds so what are they waiting for. Well it appears they are waiting for the civil aviation market to open up in their home land. Could you imagine the market for the worlds largest population with limited infastructure, a market made for helicopters. But this is China, the worlds largets remaining communist country and all the political problems that go with it. Open civil aviation may never happen. Meanwhile the Brantly waits in limbo.