A poll for all.

Guest rookie101

Board Stats.  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Wanna-be's, Students, & the Pro's

• Wanna-be's
    • Student's
    • Professional's

well..I suppose I am a wanna be, although I have been "flying" in the helicopters I soon hope to be piloting...Just waiting for a school seat to Ft Rucker, then officially will be a "student" but, I will be getting paid to be a student..so...hmmm..lol anyway..yeah wanna be for now! :D

I voted wanna-be even though I am a used-to-be. I flew Seahawks in the military and currently instruct fixed wing part time. I am joining the ANG to fly Blackhawks and should be heading to Blackhawk training at the end of February.

Rob, what state you flyin for? we just had a guy to make the same switch here in VA, wondering if it was you??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Student.

I have a glider commercial and I'm waiting on my Helicopter commercial checkride to be scheduled this month. Then time to start my training syllabus for CFI in Helicopters, Gliders, and Airplanes all at the same time.

Should be fun!

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first reply since I've joined a few months ago...Just been reading what every body else has been posting... but anyways I wanted to go ahead and make my first reply, right now I'm a wanna be but will be starting my training hopefully in february with Twin Air Helicopters in van nuys. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I would consider "Professional" as someone that makes their living flying. I was a commercial pilot for several years before it became my sole occupation.

I still consider myself a rookie is some respects. Although I have flown offshore and currenly fly EMS; there are a lot of pilots with much more experience than myself. And like many others here expressed ...you're alway learning!

I went through all of those..Wanna-be...and now Professional. IT CAN BE DONE!

Wow! talk about dredging up the old posts! Funny thing, Helikriewall posted back in Oct 07 that he was starting his training. Today Alex is a captain flying EC130's in the ditch. Kinda cool to see the old posts.

Good luck all!

Goldy

• Like 1

Wow! talk about dredging up the old posts! Funny thing, Helikriewall posted back in Oct 07 that he was starting his training. Today Alex is a captain flying EC130's in the ditch. Kinda cool to see the old posts.

Good luck all!

Goldy

Aka grave digging, but sometimes you get a Young Frankenstein out of it !

Edited by aeroscout