MD Factory School

gofly

I went up to the factory in Mesa Arizona yesterday and I doubt they have a factory school there.  It looked like Fort Knox.  From what I could see 300 feet away from a partially opened hanger it looked nice though :)  I wanted to get a tour but ruled it out after I saw all the security. :(

Cooper

If I recall, MD does some maintenence training out of the Royal aviation building at Falcon Field (Where MD is Located) in Mesa.. Not to sure about any organized Flight training though..  They had a Helicopter day at Falcon 2 weeks ago and I talked with the MD Rep who did say they give training if you wanna sock down some $$ for a new Notar..

Da Jag :)

Wish I would have known about "helicopter day."  I went over there planning on sneaking a peak but looked to closed off.  Does anyone know if there is anyway to get in and look around with a personal manager or something?  Thanks.  Hey Rey, The Jag gave me an idea.  Maybe it would be good if there was some place where people could post events and what not concerning helicopters people could go to.  Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Heloflights

How would you rate the school, the instructors and the way they pass on the information to students.

I have heard the Bell and Sikorsky schools are the best out there run by the manufacturers and was wondering how the MD one shapes up to them.

Heli Ops

• 6 months later...

If you are allowed, the 206 and astar courses at Northern Lights school, in Dawson Creek British Colombia are by far the best I have been on. You come out knowing every bearing on that 206 and what load is on it. Engine course is part of it as well.Also is a fraction of the cost. They go over all AD's SB, etc and your inspection sheets and vibrex stuff. I paid 1500 can for three weeks, instead of 2000 or more USD for two weeks at MD. I also stayed at that agricultural school's apartment building  at the airport(williams). it was in April,and there was on students there. It was $140 a week for an apartment.. checked at the students housing building on the main road. told them I was a student taking a course  there...

saved a pile as it was my ticket.