Oregon Aero headset upgrade

jsmith13

I did the hush kit (years ago) and hated it. I think it's still up on a shelf in a closet somewhere.........

It didn't hush, in fact it was louder than before I installed it, and it didn't stay in place on the dome, so it was uncomfortable. Perhaps things have changed since, but I would never buy it again.

I did the hush kit (years ago) and hated it. I think it's still up on a shelf in a closet somewhere.........

It didn't hush, in fact it was louder than before I installed it, and it didn't stay in place on the dome, so it was uncomfortable. Perhaps things have changed since, but I would never buy it again.

Can I ask how long ago that was?

I use the upgrade kit that they offer for the DC 10-13.4. The only parts I dont use are the ear seal covers, seems to provide a better seal on the ears with out them. The headset is really comfortable and cuts down on noise considerably from the stock setup. Oregon Aero advertises that you will have to turn the radio down and I can tell you from experience its true.

I used to have a set of the ear cups and the lambs wool pad for my Telex. I now have the ear cups and liner in my Gallet helmet. Both are comfortable, but not any better than the gel ear seals.

The worst part of about them is that the ear cups turn ROCK solid when they get cold. I can barely get my helmet on when it gets cold soaked--and it takes less than a few minutes outside to do this.

So, in the cold months, I take my helmet inside the hospital with me and put it on before before I go out to the helicopter.