Telex Stratus 50D or Bose Aviation X

RotorRunner

Thanks everyone for all the info. I am going to be away from internet access for a couple of days so I'll be checking back in when I get back to civilization.

If there is anybody else out there with experience with both the Stratus 50D and the Bose X, please jump on in and give me your opinions and comparisons.

Thanks,

RR

Edited by RotorRunner

No, I haven't forgotten to unplug yet. We do a lot of getting in and out, because we have to herd the cats while they're getting in and out, load and unload the baggage, etc, so one pilot gets out at every stop, generally the right-seat. Thus we spend a lot of time outside in the noise, and climb in and out a lot. What I do forget is taking off my cap. With a headset, it's not necessary, because the headset will hold the cap on your head. With lighweight headsets, it's subject to blowing off, and we make all the pax take off their caps and stow them, so it's not a good idea for us to be out while wearing one unsecured. I'm just about to get used to hanging my cap on the cyclic when I get out. The only annoyance is that the Clarity Aloft, as well as the Auricomm, requires an adapter in a helicopter. I generally unplug the two plugs and leave the adapter plugged in, because I don't want to have to lug the weight around while loading bags. I use a clip to attach the cord to my survival vest while walking around, so it doesn't drag on the ground and my hands are free. This works because the cables are light. A short curly cord would be better, but I'm getting used to what I have.