MD-500E

• 1 month later...
I can't speak for the MD school, but it never hurts to have an experienced person if it is possible. Our E was a dream to fly but it leaked transmission fluid out of the bottom of the transmission around the seal. The factory seats up front leave a lot to be desired on longer flights, but that can be said about most of the helo's out there. Kind of like a sports car; maybe not the most comfortable, but you are having so much fun who notices?

well, the instructor I had has good, But I think they are restrained from above. I heard it from people that took factory courses on fixed and rotary A/C. I took my Bell and Astar courses in British Colombia,and they had you going over every thing you could imagine.I suggested they use the inspection sheets to give us a start on what to expect when we do the 100 hrs..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Bell guy should be able to deal with most stuff on the E, after going to a course.  However, he may have some interesting times when he goes to track & balance it for the first few times.   :;):   The engine is basically the same as on the 206, an Allison/RR C20B (unless it has a C20 R, and even then there isn't much difference).  Just make sure whoever you get to maintain it is familiar with all of the AD's, and SB's.  You should also get some training on what to look for in relation to the AD's, and SB's.  Knowing what to look for when the AME isn't around could save you a lot of grief.  

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Didn't have the 4 bladed TR on our E, but one thing to look for if you have the MR tracked--it had better be a glass smooth ride, the 206 mechanic may have a time with all five of those blades but it shouldn't hop at all when he/she is done. Thats one of the best and most memorable traits of the E in my book (IMHO).