commuting??

rincon

Is it all possible to commute to any positions while maintaing my residence in utah. Obviously, 14/14 would be easiest. maybe 7/7 if you were close. Also, does anyone know of any ems(or any at all) companies that use relief pilots that might not necessarily be full time but steady and flexible? 7 years until I retire from law enforcement and considering working on flying to hopefully be up to speed on hours, etc. by the time I pull the plug here. Or am I way out in left field to think it might be this flexible?

Thanks in advance.....

Is it all possible to commute to any positions while maintaing my residence in utah. Obviously, 14/14 would be easiest. maybe 7/7 if you were close. Also, does anyone know of any ems(or any at all) companies that use relief pilots that might not necessarily be full time but steady and flexible? 7 years until I retire from law enforcement and considering working on flying to hopefully be up to speed on hours, etc. by the time I pull the plug here. Or am I way out in left field to think it might be this flexible?

Thanks in advance.....

Air Logistics in New Iberia, LA, asks that you live within 8 hours commuting time. But if you could work for them, you might be able to get a 14/14 and your commute wouldn't be much of an issue. Good luck!

Jeff

I live up here in Montana, and I have heard tell of two gentleman that live up here also, and they are able to fly down to the gulf for flying work. They work a 14/14 schedule, and are able to fly down for the commute. So, that may be an option, but I don't know these gentleman, just know a guy who knows them.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
why don't more people live in la?

Lots have culture problems. The metropolitan area, New Orleans, is a poverty-stricken third world country. It's one of the few places in the world that I've heard of crooks robbing police cruisers. The remaining parts of Louisiana that aren't Cajun are red-clay, piney woods, rural south, and not especially prosperous.

The best part, the Cajun bit, is Acadiana and it's really, REALLY poor, mostly swamp, and, well- "Cajun". If you don't mind being a foreigner forever in a somewhat insular society and needing a boat to get into the woods... Well, then Cajuns are a lot of fun.

And it's hot and/or humid.

The state's laws are based on "Code Napoleon", and it's a truly weird legal system to build on. It may have been an advance in 19th century post-revolutionary France, but we're an entirely different place than that.

And it's hot and humid.

Did I mention it's hot and humid?

And mosquito-infested. If there were just a way to convince the Cajuns that mosquitoes were a protected species, the limit is one, the season is closed, and they taste good in gumbo, they would be extinct very quickly, but apparently that hasn't happened. Did I mention that there are mosquitoes? Not to mention hot and humid. Plus the places the heliports exist are so far out in the swamps they have to pipe in daylight; civilization can't be piped that far. And it's hot and humid, and there are swarms of mosquitoes.