Blackwater 530 video

HeloPitts

I don't see why this was flagged, and I don't know what they were doing on the roof...?

They were having some fun with their fellow Contractors!

These guys hang it out there every time they fly, and they are providing a service that most can not. Sometimes they just wanna have a laugh!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good vid I agree with Helopitts about the slide show thought...

MMMmmm Oh well I suppose it was for the families and friends right..

I did like the roof top rotor blast shot on the "other Contractors"

the music was pure 80's ..

I guess its army humor though>?<

I guess its army humor though>?<
Okay, let's not make the mistake of confusing a DoD contractor, with a specific military service. I guess it would've been contractor humor.

Okay, let's not make the mistake of confusing a DoD contractor, with a specific military service. I guess it would've been contractor humor.

Right.. like whistling at the pretty ladies in there short skirts and covered eyes...

oops mu bad ... those guys the ones flying and the ones on the roof were both "contractors?" I've never been in the services and heve little exposure to the workings of what happenes over there.. but the pilots are "security contractors " right and so are the roof sitters?

Good flying thought .. nice music...

CHEERS!

Contractor, as in a private citizen who gets paid to do a job and doesn't have to raise his right hand and swear to defend the Constitution and who isn't subject to military regulations and the UCMJ and who generally conduct operations as if they have no accountability for what they do...that's what I mean.

I'm not sure where whistling at the pretty ladies comes in...or whatever it was about "covered eyes".

Linc...

the whistling and cover eyes was a jab at the Construction worker as a contractor..

anyway

the contractor status in that environment is one who might not have to swear alegience or anything but get paid to fly like that and shoot things that I could not identify ... what were those objects in the water>?< waterbuffalos? elephants>?< or just a shadow like they liked to take cool photos of .. so .. likwise not being accountable for the operations they conduct does that mean that they are basically mercenaries?

Technically, they aren't mercenaries, because mercenaries are actually applied to combat operations the same as other combat forces. Blackwater USA is in Iraq for security. Think highly paid, armed security guards. They aren't being used for the same things that the soldiers are over there doing. Their aviation covers their security units during their convoys.

What're they shooting at? I can't tell from the video. Could be crocodiles, water buffalos or targets that are stuck out in the water for them to shoot at.

And for my taste, they fly a little high for operations in that theater.