SOLO TIME AFTER PPL

RHS1

whats up guys

I am confused on a matter regarding CPL requirements. I was told that any flight time after PPL is logged as PIC which I understand however I was also told that I did not have to log any time as solo because everything is considered PIC when you become rated. This person also said solo time is just for students working on PPL. When I looked in the FAR it states that you need 10 hours solo time 5 day 5 night. So what is the deal here?

whats up guys

I am confused on a matter regarding CPL requirements. I was told that any flight time after PPL is logged as PIC which I understand however I was also told that I did not have to log any time as solo because everything is considered PIC when you become rated. This person also said solo time is just for students working on PPL. When I looked in the FAR it states that you need 10 hours solo time 5 day 5 night. So what is the deal here?

It's not ANY flight time after PPL. It is any time when you are the SOLE MANIPULATOR of the controls. If your CFI is on the controls or demonstrating a maneuver, that time doesn't count. The reason I'm posting this is because when I took my Instrument Checkride I got ripped by the DPE for logging all my hours as PIC after the Private. He argued that surely my CFI demonstrated maneuvers and flew on occasion, and he was right. I tell my students to knock a .1 off each flight for PIC and none of my students has had the same problem.