ATP/CFI question

flyingseapig

I have a question that I am not sure the answer to. If you receive your ATP rating I know you are allowed to instruct in the models you are qualified in for a certain number of hours per day/week/etc, but does the ATP actually infer that one is a CFI? I was just wondering, I am going to be taking my ATP practical soon and just wondering if later on down the road I should also get my CFI/CFII rating or if the ATP is sufficient to make me marketable in the commercial aviation industry. If anyone has any input or experience on this I would appreciate the feedback. Take care!

The ATP only allows instruction in conjunction with the job, on 121/135 operations. In fact, you don't even need a CFI or ATP for that, you can be a check airman with only a commercial certificate, conducting training and checkrides for your employer. If you want to do training for hire, training pilots not employed with the same company, you need a CFI/CFII.