Loan Repayment Calculator

John90290

I see a lot of numbers thrown around regarding loan repayments. I found this website that has a great calculator for the unsubsidized loans that most of the helicopter training population is offered.

Plug in some numbers and see what you will actually be paying. Spend time researching the school and how you're going to meet your loan obligation. :blink:

http://www.accessgroup.org/calculators/loan_repay.htm

Geez. Well, when you only get a loan for half the necessary amount, it makes things a bit more bearable, I guess. Mine came out to a bit more than what I'm paying on my truck right now, which isn't bad at all considering I'll have the truck paid off by the time I start Flight School.

pretty cool device. also, someone told me they are cutting student loans nearly in half. don't know if its true, but that should certainly help.

Congress just voted to cut in half FEDERALLY GUARANTEED student loans. These loans do not qualify for flight training. Flight training loans will continue to be private lender loans at high rates...because they are unsecured just like credit cards...and will be unaffected by the recent cut in rates.

Congress just voted to cut in half FEDERALLY GUARANTEED student loans. These loans do not qualify for flight training. Flight training loans will continue to be private lender loans at high rates...because they are unsecured just like credit cards...and will be unaffected by the recent cut in rates.

That sucks. I got all excited.

How many years does one have to pay off a typical private loan for flight training?

RDW

How many years does one have to pay off a typical private loan for flight training?

RDW

Im no expert, but I think the average is 10 years. But every loan is different and you can work out your own terms in most cases. longer payoff with higher interest rate to keep the monthly down, or shorter with lower rate to pay less over all for example.