Jump to content

Flying abroad.


Recommended Posts

I didn't want to hijack Pete's previous thread, so I'll start this new one here.


Pete mentions that he's going to Oz to work a fire contract. I'm only assuming here, and this is what brings the question, he's a US pilot going to Oz to work for a few months. My question is how does this work licensing wise? Can a US pilot fly in a foreign country for a limited time, and if so, what paperwork is required?


I understand that if I wanted to move to NZ or OZ or even Canada I'd have to convert my license, but what if it's just for a job? Perhaps someone with experience in the matter could provide some input? Ned, what do you have to do during your many varied adventures?


PS: I did try a search through the forum but seemed to come up with a bunch of junk hits. Too many common words maybe. Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For this job in Australia I just had to fill out several forms (1162 and 213) available on line from their Civil Aviation Safety Authority and fax them in along with $150 and you get an Australian license. Still trying to solve the workmans comp. problem


Was it a temporary license or a full Ausie license to be used till when ever? If temp what were the limitations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...