Motorbike and Car Discussion

KMWK

My first was a 73 Buick Century, 4 Door, Maroon. The thing got about 8 miles per gallon, basic empty weight, and I'm guessing, 8 maybe 10 thousand lbs....

I prefer the Pacer...

Of course you liked the Pacer. Had room for 4, but anymore more than 2 gets uncomfortable, just enough power to get the job done, you could scout for girls, but bringing em home was a bit of an effort......wait, that sounds an awful lot like a 58.......

Of course you liked the Pacer. Had room for 4, but anymore more than 2 gets uncomfortable, just enough power to get the job done, you could scout for girls, but bringing em home was a bit of an effort......wait, that sounds an awful lot like a 58.......
Pinto, Gremlin, Pacer...it doesn't matter. But you got it all wrong. I don't need to bring them back, that's not a scout tactic.

Besides, you'd have to understand why the Scout helicopters are always underpowered. Unlike other aircraft, Scouts don't need a large gun, large watch, or a significant load carrying capacity to compensate for anything. ;)

Pinto, Gremlin, Pacer...it doesn't matter. But you got it all wrong. I don't need to bring them back, that's not a scout tactic.

Besides, you'd have to understand why the Scout helicopters are always underpowered. Unlike other aircraft, Scouts don't need a large gun, large watch, or a significant load carrying capacity to compensate for anything. ;)

No guns?? Light attack baby! 50 cal, plus 2.75's, It's not much but it gets the job done.

No such thing as light attack anymore. It's all CAV!!

If you ain't CAV...

P.S. Notice that I said "large gun", not "no guns". And, even though I briefly was a part of the unarmed and unafraid crowd, the KW community may be crazy, but we ain't stupid. :D

You see the new Challenger coming out next yr?

http://www.stockmopar.com/2008-dodge-challenger.html

Yeah.....and from what I hear from the local dealer you'll be hard pressed to get one till 2010 this list will be so long.

Linc,

You're not gonna finish the "if you aint CAV"? Come on................Go Cav or go home :P

3/17 Cav 90-92

This arguement is right up there with a couple of 15 1/2 yr old kids, with learners permits, trying to figure out whose car is better

I wish I so much as had a bicycle at 15 1/2. Kids today have it so good and take it for granted. If I told my parents I wanted to go somewhere I was told "God didn't give you legs for nothing, get moving" Going to the gas station was a rare occurance, it took about 3hours to get there but I didn't know anything better so I wasn't complaining. You may be thinking I was a product of the 40's but in all reality 1970's and 80's western kansas was about equal now that I look back at it.

I wish I so much as had a bicycle at 15 1/2. Kids today have it so good and take it for granted. If I told my parents I wanted to go somewhere I was told "God didn't give you legs for nothing, get moving" Going to the gas station was a rare occurance, it took about 3hours to get there but I didn't know anything better so I wasn't complaining. You may be thinking I was a product of the 40's but in all reality 1970's and 80's western kansas was about equal now that I look back at it.

got my driving license in Idaho at 14 had to work in a kitchen when I was 16 to buy my first car at 17 it was a VW bus 1974 and then for the next three Birthdays I got tires a brake job and new headlights instead of fun stuff... at least I couldn't speed .. but all my friends wanted rides instead.. great car er.. van to take to the mountians and learn how to drive and skid in the snow..

and there was plenty of room to turn into a UAV... (Urban assualt Vehicle.) just didn't have the funds to cut the roof and install the much coveted .50 cal... had to go with bowling balls which we "released" from captivity and paintball guns and the ocasional egg or dozen...

until the first VW Bus purchase I had a selection of bikes and when I went to college it all when away.. I had no car and had to ride again.. but it was great the college town was flat and I liked to ride fast.. Then I started to buy motorcycles..

In AZ some drit bikes can be street legal and that was a much faster way to get in trouble.. I started with a honda 250 then a Ktm 425 and settled on a XT600.. till I left to go to NZ... Cheap and reliable most of the time only riding in the rain was bad... real bad...

SO there...

Don't you dare bash Hondas :angry: . I started out with a Yamaha R6. Nice ride, especially on those hot summer nights when you found yourself looking for that cool breeze while imitating the diCaprio/Winslet Titanic act (at the ships bow) at 120mph.

After crashing that flashy babe at a 100mph I got me a Honda CB500, a whole other ball game, but always a trustworthy companion around thousands of miles through Europe and especially its mountains (I practically OWN Switzerland). Even if something would fail you, you could almost always repair it yourself and on the spot :rolleyes: .

So what does that have to do with helicopters? :huh:

Cheers,

Lance

I dunno............just changing the subject. I've had everything but a Harley and loved em all. Can I bash Harleys? :lol:

:D

Can you bash Harleys? Not really. They are the finest motorcycles ever made. (I just happen to be the Technology Director for Harley Davidson, but that of course doesn't have anything to do with my opinion).

Can you bash Harleys? Not really. They are the finest motorcycles ever made. (I just happen to be the Technology Director for Harley Davidson, but that of course doesn't have anything to do with my opinion).

I'd never bash a Harley. If I can ride it, I'll take it. Someday when I'm rich I'll have 2 or 3 bikes and one will be a Harley. :D It will likely be after I aquire a Bell 47 just for fun. B)

The finest motorcycle, that always leaks oil. Always has some part falling off. Is loud and obnoxious. Can't corner, and usually (although not all the time) can't go very fast. Even if they do manage to go fast, they don't go far because the mileage is worse than one of those "Duck" tour vehicles, two gallons to the mile. If the bike is in perfect condition, it usually means its sitting on the dealer floor, if it isn't in good condition, it's sitting on a canyon floor after the (shudder) rider rode off a cliff. Give me a sport bike any day. :D :P ;)

Funny thing though. I like the Schweizer more than the Robbie. I have flown both, and that description, except the canyon floor thing, sounds very much like my trusty steed.