AVMap EKP IV PRO GPS

Bristol

I haven't used the AvMap EKP IV Pro, but I do own the regular AvMap EKP IV and I really like it. The screen is huge for a GPS and it has several functions that I like. For instance, it comes with a leg strap so that you can use it as a knee board which is great for use in the helicopter, you can buy a battery pack which provides up to 10 hours of power, and you can store flight plans with up to 100 waypoints.

I haven't used any other aviation GPS systems so I do not have anything to compare it to. I guess it comes down to which features you like and what you plan on using it for. I do not have any complaints about the EKP IV other than it does not have a night mode. The closest thing to a night mode is dimming the screen as much as possible. The best recomendation I can give is to do a lot of research and comparisons. There are a lot of GPS systems available but if I had to choose it would either be Garmin or AvMap. From my comparisons they seem to have the best features.

Hope this helps in some way.

jtravis1 I tend to agree the data base in UK is lacking in the EKP1V compared with the Garmin & BK SkyMap111c , the screen is awesome and would have bought one if data base was better, did not find problem with use, the SkyMap also has a leg strap.

We use them fixed so have never pursued the battery pack option, if your internal battery on the 111c appears to have poor life phone BK there appears to be a glitch and the GPS engine may be taking to much current one of ours is showing internal low battery warnings after 12 months ( I think this is a fault that has come to light within the last few months) :(

jtravis1 I tend to agree the data base in UK is lacking in the EKP1V compared with the Garmin & BK SkyMap111c , the screen is awesome and would have bought one if data base was better, did not find problem with use, the SkyMap also has a leg strap.

We use them fixed so have never pursued the battery pack option, if your internal battery on the 111c appears to have poor life phone BK there appears to be a glitch and the GPS engine may be taking to much current one of ours is showing internal low battery warnings after 12 months ( I think this is a fault that has come to light within the last few months) :(

I have one and it is great. However, I don't need it anymore and I might be persuaded to sell it.