Weekend Test Prep Seminar

Does anyone have any experience with a weekend (or week long) test prep seminar for the CPLH Written? Does anybody know of a good one?

There has to be someone out there who specializes in presenting all this subject matter in a way that is easy to remember and utilize.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,

RotorRunner

Edited by RotorRunner

Check out www.aviationseminars.com

I have gone to 3 different classes for Private, Inst. and Comm. Mostly geared for fixed wing but when you sign up tell them you're a helicopter pilot and they will give you a list of helicopter questions.

Take the test the next day or even that night.

I have never scored less than a 96% after taking their classes...

Gunner,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have actually been investigating and communicating with AviationSeminars and they look pretty good.

What type of supplemental stuff did they have for a helicopter pilot? Was it simply a list of questions or was it really good helpful info?

What did you find most helpful in their courses? Was it more teaching the information or nifty tips and trick, or both?

How much studying had you done before the seminar?

Thanks again,

RotorRunner

Edited by RotorRunner

Gunner,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have actually been investigating and communicating with AviationSeminars and they look pretty good.

What type of supplemental stuff did they have for a helicopter pilot? Was it simply a list of questions or was it really good helpful info?

What did you find most helpful in their courses? Was it more teaching the information or nifty tips and trick, or both?

How much studying had you done before the seminar?

Thanks again,

RotorRunner

The supplemental stuff is just questions. The course is designed to help you pass the test. You will see 90% of the questions on the test that you saw in the class. Ypou should do some studying beforehand. It's not a subsitute for actual ground instruction.

It's really to just drill the information in your head. The people that teach the class are usually very seasoned pilots so it will be interesting.

Gunner,

Once again I want to say thanks for your input. I have been studying the ASA Test Prep Package and the Dauntless Software. The rotorcraft questions are a breeze. The thing that is bothering me is that I am not IFR rated (yet!) and it has been 20+ years since I have taken a FAA written test. A lot of stuff on this test seems to be IFR related. I want to go in there and make a 96+ like you did, not just pass the test. It seems like so much of the test is just hoops to jump through, not actually anything you could possibly use while flying an aircraft. I get so many distractions at home and work, that I think going away for a weekend course and being professionally taught, might help me a lot. I think I will give it a shot.

Anyone else got experience with any other short study courses???

Thanks,

RotorRunner

Edited by RotorRunner

Gunner,

Once again I want to say thanks for your input. I have been studying the ASA Test Prep Package and the Dauntless Software. The rotorcraft questions are a breeze. The thing that is bothering me is that I am not IFR rated (yet!) and it has been 20+ years since I have taken a FAA written test. A lot of stuff on this test seems to be IFR related. I want to go in there and make a 96+ like you did, not just pass the test. It seems like so much of the test is just hoops to jump through, not actually anything you could possibly use while flying an aircraft. I get so many distractions at home and work, that I think going away for a weekend course and being professionally taught, might help me a lot. I think I will give it a shot.

Anyone else got experience with any other short study courses???

Thanks,

RotorRunner

Personally I think that the writtens are a formality. The trick questions on the tests arent going to save your butt in an emergency. Let us know how the class goes. I'm getting ready to take another one with them for my CFII...