Did he make good ? NOPE.

Bristol,

What is it about HSH that has you keep resurrecting this thread? As far as I can see the financial troubles there don't affect you personally so the continual bumping of this topic gives the impression that you are sh*t stirring?

Phil

Bristol,

What is it about HSH that has you keep resurrecting this thread? As far as I can see the financial troubles there don't affect you personally so the continual bumping of this topic gives the impression that you are sh*t stirring?

Phil

I'm sorry but I have to agree as well. Bashing this guy in the head doesnt help anyone. There are remedies in life, if former students feel ripped off, they should file a police report for fraud. They can file a civil suit and go from there. Yes, you typically wont get much out of it, if anything, such is life. That is why most of us won't give our schools/rental more than a grand or two in advance....to limit our exposure.

I wouldnt wish this on anyone, but hopefully no one got stung for 20-50K....

Goldy

Phil / Goldy,

I do it because everyone should be aware of what kind of people are out there, ready to steal our hard earned money. But I do know that while he is in the GOM making a living, other guys are suffering losses from his company. It wouldn't be so bad, but all students got were lies in return for the money they worked for so hard (or have to pay back to loan companies).

I have NO SYMPATHY for dishonest business owners. Let me be perfectly clear NO SYMPATHY whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, the best way to make sure it doesn't happen again, is to remind people. Esp new students, and there are a lot of them that come here for advice before they start their training.

HSH justdidn't work out. Bad descisions, before and after. If HSH can't give the money back and satisfy the students that lost money, then maybe this will keep it from happening to someone else.

We've all discussed it many times in many threads. Number one rule: NEVER GIVE ANY SCHOOL LUMP SUMS OF MONEY IN ADVANCE.

I don't apologize for my opinions. I see your points, but just don't agree with them.

Bristol

Hi everyone

Another ex-HSH student here, I've finally crawled out of my hole, battered, bruised but there's still a pulse. I'm sorry I just haven't had time to watch these forums or obsess over what has happened to me and my finances, I just wanted to be a helicopter pilot and was going to stop at nothing to get there.

Last week it happened I took my checkride and passed the Private. Now I can relax for a little while and maybe reflect, drink a few beers etc. There are no schools in my area (well not anymore anyway) to enable me to continue to commercial level so the next step is a little fuzzy right now!

I had the privilege of learning from some great instructors (you know who you are), guys who really cared. It took me 22 months, 8 instructors, 2 schools and over $35K and I finally made it to the first step, have to admit, I never envisioned this many obstacles. I'm going to halt any and all bitching because I do know a fellow student who has been screwed by SSH and HSH, has still not given up and is on the verge of getting his CFI (he's a bloody hero in my opinion).

From an ex-HSH students point of view I appreciate Bristols efforts in keeping people informed of the risks of giving away large chunks of money to schools. Everyday people find this website as they research their dream to become a helicopter pilot, threads such as this will make them more aware. If you're on this site 5 times a day and you're getting sick of it, then ignore it!

My advice to any prospective student is : If the school will not let you pay as you go then run, run away. It doesn't matter how much you like the person, or how intuitive you think you are, run.

Bristol, if I had a shcool in my backyard I'm sure I would be a lot further along, I envy you.

Cheers

Roger

PS FYI, Helitahoe (So Lake Tahoe CA) and Blue Sky Aviation (Tulare, CA) played a big part in getting me to the checkride, just to let you guys know there are some quality people out there!

Roger,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

From one former HSH student to another. I know how much you have been through to get to this point and am very impressed by your determination. I hope you find a way to continue to advance to the next level. Great job HELICOPTER PILOT ROGER! Doesn't that sound sweet?

Cheers,

JT