Silver State Helicopters?

Hi I have been reading a lot of negative remarks about SSH. I have been trying to get as much research as possible in regards to there program and others. I live in Las Vegas, NV and have not been able to find any other Flight Training Schools to compare them too. Is there anybody out there that could suggest other opportunites for me to look into. I greatly appreciate your response and your time.

Respectfully,

E

There is/was another helicopter flight school at the North Las Vegas airport, but I can't think of the name of the place. It was right down the ramp from SSH. They also do airplane instruction. I will try to find the name and post it later.

I believe your speaking of West Air. I don't think they offer rotary wing instruction any longer... It's been several years (2002) since I've been done there so things could of changed...

JB

You could try Leading Edge Rotorcraft in Boulder City... thats about a half hour away from Vegas...

I don't know much of their quality... but they can't be worse than SSH.

If this something you want to take seriously, and make a career move out of... you should consider relocating to attend a reputable school.

If you are serious about being a pilot, you should accept that being a helicopter pilot will rarely keep you in one location for a long period of time until you have the hours/experience to settle in somewhere... might as well start traveling now and get a good education and a good start.

Good Luck!

-D

I believe your speaking of West Air. I don't think they offer rotary wing instruction any longer... It's been several years (2002) since I've been done there so things could of changed...

JB

It's possible that it was west air, but I don't think that was the name. They were a schweizer school, and I don't see them on the schweizer website any more, so they might not be in business. In any case it would be worth a drive over there.