Flight Training Question.

Does it matter which school I attend for my private rating in terms of employment? Example, is it better to go to a 141 school or can I just settle for a 61 school? There is so much competition out there with schools, I would rather ask this question to a pilot who is not affiliated with a flight school. Believe me, I am doing my home work on these matters its just that, I cannot get clarification on some questions. What exactly do the employers look for or at when its time for the employment interview? Besides from the normal pic time and other related experience. Again, thank you all for your help and information.

Does it matter which school I attend for my private rating in terms of employment? Example, is it better to go to a 141 school or can I just settle for a 61 school? There is so much competition out there with schools, I would rather ask this question to a pilot who is not affiliated with a flight school. Believe me, I am doing my home work on these matters its just that, I cannot get clarification on some questions. What exactly do the employers look for or at when its time for the employment interview? Besides from the normal pic time and other related experience. Again, thank you all for your help and information.

A 141 school is required for VA reimbursement and maybe for some loan programs. You can get good instruction from either. In theory a 141 school would be a little cheaper since there are lower hour requirements, but in practice you will likely need more than the minimum anyway. I personally like the structure of the 141 but that's just a matter of taste. Do your research and pick the program you're comfortable with. Good luck!

In my experience no employer really cares what flight school you went to. Sure, they may ask, but all they really care about is if you have the proper amount of hours to meet their insurance requirements, wheather or not you know your stuff, and if you can fly. I spoke with many flight schools during my job search and this is what I found to be true. Beyond flight training opportunities I don't know fore sure because I am not at that point yet, but from what I hear, it's mainly about having the proper amount of helo time.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I was never asked during my interview which I went to, though it did come up later in a friendly conversation and that's as far as it got. I went to a 141 school and liked how it was set up, such as stage checks. Those gave you a really good idea of where you were at in your training and personally made me feel like I was progressing. For my commercial, CFI, and CFII, I did it under 61, the training was no different or lower quality than 141. And that's all I got to say about that.