Disability/Life Insurance

AIR9ENG

I just got life and permanent disability insurance rates through Allstate, who only found Lloyds of London willing to insure me, however at outrageous rates. Allstate collected no specific pilot information from me, just "helicopter pilot", which they obvoisuly consider high risk -

It seems there would be insurance companies/agencies specializing in insuring pilots and collecting more specific information (ie experience, total time, type of missions flown) - Anyone have any suggestions - Specifically for disability insurance - I seem to remember AOPA used to offer it, but now all they offer is life insurance.

I just got life and permanent disability insurance rates through Allstate, who only found Lloyds of London willing to insure me, however at outrageous rates. Allstate collected no specific pilot information from me, just "helicopter pilot", which they obvoisuly consider high risk -

It seems there would be insurance companies/agencies specializing in insuring pilots and collecting more specific information (ie experience, total time, type of missions flown) - Anyone have any suggestions - Specifically for disability insurance - I seem to remember AOPA used to offer it, but now all they offer is life insurance.

I'm with AIG, I'm 38, male, non smoking long line pilot paying $135.00 a month for 30 yrs for half a million with a $45,000.00 return if I'm still kickin in the end.

I'm with AIG, I'm 38, male, non smoking long line pilot paying $135.00 a month for 30 yrs for half a million with a $45,000.00 return if I'm still kickin in the end.

Howd you manage that policy? 30 years at $135/month is $48,600 for the term. So if you die, and the policy is paid out they lose money. If you don't kick the bucket, AIG only earned $120/year. Who did you have to kill to get that kind of policy? Not blasting you, I really want to know.

Howd you manage that policy? 30 years at $135/month is $48,600 for the term. So if you die, and the policy is paid out they lose money. If you don't kick the bucket, AIG only earned $120/year. Who did you have to kill to get that kind of policy? Not blasting you, I really want to know.

Call AIG american general life insurance co., at 1-800-487-5433. I deal with William E Jerro in the Falls Church, Va. office. I pay exactly $137.45 a month and my wifes policy is $27.24 a month, for that I get $500,000.00 and my wife gets $100,000.00 and $10,000.00 for each of my 5 children. With all that said we get back after 30 yrs between 40 and $45,000. I just read my policy again.