problems with flight training

does anyone else feel that it is going to take them forever to get hours or their license??? I just have to whine about all of the cancelled flights and weather problems and mechanical problems, flight instructors out of town, 100 hour inspections and so on.

I have been training at two different flight schools, one airplane and one helicopter. airplane school is small and has two airplanes and two full time instructors, along with one part time instructor. the helicopter school has three r22's , but only one on the insurance, and only one cfi. anyway i just hate it, even if i schedule early with the instuctor, seems like then the heli is down or oh the winds are 20 knots, and the airplane school has the same problems. Im kindof wondering how people up and quit their jobs and go to flight school all week. if I quit my job I would be getting very few hours and no money .. plus I only work three days a week.

Does everyone else experience these problems/???? especially with small flight school. would I be better off going to an academy style school or what..

how many other people feel the same way, and what about the bigger schools..

I know to watch the weather,

make an appt early with cfi

but what else is there to do if it is out of your hands or maybe the cfi's don't have the screaming desire for hours eventhough they need them and have way less than 1,000

Flight training is a difficult process... You just have to perservere and push through. I've had 4 CFI's got to the GOM when I was training. I've even had one break his arm... It's taking me forever ti get my IFR add-on since the WX around here in the winter suck. Just keep doing what you are doing and hit the books when you are not flying.

I know it's tough but every rating I've gotten, fixed or rotor has been well worth it and deserved.

i went to a place south of houston, very small school.. owner is cfi and 1 instructor. 1 vfr ship and 1 ifr trainer. i love goin down there. i got to fly when i wanted.

i went to a place south of houston, very small school.. owner is cfi and 1 instructor. 1 vfr ship and 1 ifr trainer. i love goin down there. i got to fly when i wanted.

What was the name of the place. Do they have a website?

salaika aviation... actually its a pretty good deal. fly enstrom's. good rates. tim is the owner, a DPE, AP, IA, CFI, CFII, he does all the maintenance on his own aircraft. so they are mantained well. the part i liked was him being a DPE. when the instructor decided i was ready, i told tim and did my check ride the next day. didnt have to wait around for FAA. the website is www.salaikaaviation.com nothing fancy, but good training. any other questions feel free to message me

I know it is a crazy process and the stupidest things will come up cause you just really want to fly. like it was practically snowing here today and of course no flights. I have read the books so much, cause I read about four hours a night at work and I feel like i wrote the books now. I just want to find a way to get it done faster, and there will never be an gaurentees no matter were you go. I kindof thought a slow, non busy, small flight school with only one instructor that seemed very hungery for hours, would go a whole lot quicker than it has been, but if it aint one thing it is the other. Some may say you will have better chances at the bigger flight schools but would you really????

I know it is a crazy process and the stupidest things will come up cause you just really want to fly. like it was practically snowing here today and of course no flights. I have read the books so much, cause I read about four hours a night at work and I feel like i wrote the books now. I just want to find a way to get it done faster, and there will never be an gaurentees no matter were you go. I kindof thought a slow, non busy, small flight school with only one instructor that seemed very hungery for hours, would go a whole lot quicker than it has been, but if it aint one thing it is the other. Some may say you will have better chances at the bigger flight schools but would you really????

If flight training was easy everyone would be doing it. There really is no path of least resistance when it comes to getting a rating. If you are determined and work hard it will pay off. Hang in there.

Delays due to bad weather and maintenance issues are just a frustrating part of any flight training.

Even here in Hawaii, which is billed as the perfect place to fly, we have had a month of gusty winds and blustery weather which has made cross-country (or cross-island in this case ;) ) flying difficult. We have also had a number of maintenance issues that have slowed things down.

Hang in there and you'll make it through eventually.

Blue skies.... WW B)

Maybe you should consider changing schools. The only reason I say that is because I just started at my school 13 days ago and I love it. I've had at least two hours a day flying with mostly four hour days and some six hours. I'm already up to 23 hours and had my first stage check today. I love it because it's a small enough school to know everybody but large enough to have 5 22's and 1 44 with enough instructors to go around.

Make sure you are completely happy with what YOU ARE PAYING FOR. Don't let them push you around... they are working for you

question,

if my cfi is only a cfi 1 with no instrament rating, does that mean he can be restricted to fly on poor weather days , say maybe if you can't see three miles and the cloud cover is below 1000 ft. What are the rules and differences between cfi one and two. I know one has an instament ticket and can teach you to fly by instrament, and the other cant. but its probably not great weather for flight training if it is even close to instrament conditions.

Also, since i have my private pilot airplane, would it be any cheaper and benificial for me to get my instrament rating in the airplane, since it is way cheaper to rent. If I get my instrament rating in an airplane, does it just cross riight over to helicopters???

question,

if my cfi is only a cfi 1 with no instrament rating, does that mean he can be restricted to fly on poor weather days , say maybe if you can't see three miles and the cloud cover is below 1000 ft. What are the rules and differences between cfi one and two. I know one has an instament ticket and can teach you to fly by instrament, and the other cant. but its probably not great weather for flight training if it is even close to instrament conditions.

Also, since i have my private pilot airplane, would it be any cheaper and benificial for me to get my instrament rating in the airplane, since it is way cheaper to rent. If I get my instrament rating in an airplane, does it just cross riight over to helicopters???

The CFII means he can teach IR, not that he can fly in any different conditions. I don't know about the S300, but the R22 IFR trainer is not certified for actual IFR conditions. Even though you're under the hood it has to be VFR outside. If you get your IFR ticket in fixed wing, it reduces the requirements for your helicopter IFR ticket. That would probably end up being a wash on how much it cost vs only getting the helicopter rating but you would at least be able to fly IMC (in the fixed wing).

Getting your IMc ticket for airplanes first will save you a lot of money for your helicopter IMC.

Is IMC, an instrament rating, so since I have two different opinions, would it be cheaper and more benificial to get my instrament rating in planes instead of helicopters. what are ther requirements, I think it is forty hours to get your instrament ticket in planes after you have your private. I already have my private and I'm pretty sure i can just start my instrament training now if I wanted.

currently I am training in helicopters, I have probably ten more hours till I will take my check ride. it might be awhile though. anyway, my plan is to fly helicopters and only helicopters for a living. but I already have a private pilot rating in airplanes cause I can afford to rent them once in awhile. so since I need 150 hours in helicopters for my commercial, I think, would it be more benificial for me to do my instrament training in helicopters, since I need the total helicopter time anyway. plus if I plan to teach in a robbinson, I will need two hundred tt in helicopters anyway. So it might be cheaper to get my instrament rating in airplanes, but I don't know... but would it be more benificial to me for my situation, to just get my instrament rating in helicopters, since I might need the total time anyway.

So I'm kindof lost... help

Is IMC, an instrament rating, so since I have two different opinions, would it be cheaper and more benificial to get my instrament rating in planes instead of helicopters. what are ther requirements, I think it is forty hours to get your instrament ticket in planes after you have your private. I already have my private and I'm pretty sure i can just start my instrament training now if I wanted.

currently I am training in helicopters, I have probably ten more hours till I will take my check ride. it might be awhile though. anyway, my plan is to fly helicopters and only helicopters for a living. but I already have a private pilot rating in airplanes cause I can afford to rent them once in awhile. so since I need 150 hours in helicopters for my commercial, I think, would it be more benificial for me to do my instrament training in helicopters, since I need the total helicopter time anyway. plus if I plan to teach in a robbinson, I will need two hundred tt in helicopters anyway. So it might be cheaper to get my instrament rating in airplanes, but I don't know... but would it be more benificial to me for my situation, to just get my instrament rating in helicopters, since I might need the total time anyway.

So I'm kindof lost... help

You can use the airplane instrument time toward the helicopter instrument. You need 40hrs total instrument but only 15 hrs from a cfii helicopter. That being said you do the remainder in fixed wing if you choose.

If you are interested in building helicopter time, thats up to you. You can also use your fixed wing time for the commercial rotorcraft rating as long as you meet the helicopter totals and pic totals Hope this helps