Letters of Recommendation

Well Ive been going through the application process with the Army to go the 'street to seat' route. Ive qualified in all the composite scores of the ASVAB and will more than likely pass the AFAST test as well. I am concerned with my WOFT packet that i have put together though. I have no college but a strong history of leadership and dedication along with my qualifying scores...but in order to keep myself competitive and give myself a chance for selection, its vital that i make my packet stronger with letters of recommendation. Are there any Army pilots(or civilian) out there that are willing to interview me...via email or phone...I may even travel for one (I live in the tiny Panhandle of Oklahoma) to determine whether or not they can write me a letter of recommendation?...It would honestly change my life and I give my word I will not be a waste of time.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell.

Im ready to earn the freedoms and opportunities this country has given me. I ask that you give me the opportunity to pay my dues for having slept peaceably in my bed and strengthen my packet with a letter of recommendation.

Josh Royse

Well Ive been going through the application process with the Army to go the 'street to seat' route. Ive qualified in all the composite scores of the ASVAB and will more than likely pass the AFAST test as well. I am concerned with my WOFT packet that i have put together though. I have no college but a strong history of leadership and dedication along with my qualifying scores...but in order to keep myself competitive and give myself a chance for selection, its vital that i make my packet stronger with letters of recommendation. Are there any Army pilots(or civilian) out there that are willing to interview me...via email or phone...I may even travel for one (I live in the tiny Panhandle of Oklahoma) to determine whether or not they can write me a letter of recommendation?...It would honestly change my life and I give my word I will not be a waste of time.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell.

Im ready to earn the freedoms and opportunities this country has given me. I ask that you give me the opportunity to pay my dues for having slept peaceably in my bed and strengthen my packet with a letter of recommendation.

Josh Royse

Hey Josh, talk to Linc on here or send me your email and I'll hook you up with a blackhawk guy I know from Oklahoma.

nsdqjr@hotmail.com

Josh, I'm not in your area, but if you are applying street to seat, you don't even need an aviator's recommendation. What you need are the six strongest letters of recommendation from people as high up in the community as possible. I'll have to look it up, but you probably are already aware of the six qualities that these letters should reflect for you. I can tell you that if those letters are strongly written, and it is obvious that the writer knows you personally and that his statements could not be interchanged with anyone else they might meet off of the street, it will mean more than what you will probably get from just any pilot.

Once again, a strong letter from a community leader who knows you well will be more powerful than finding an Army Aviator to recommend you only because you are applying from the street rather than from within the Army. Ideas of community leaders would be School Administrators, Local/State government officials, civic group leaders, prominent business leaders, any organization that is nationally recognized for benefitting communities, church leaders, and the list can go on.

However, if you still want a letter from an aviator, if you are in or near OKC(?), you might look up the State Aviation Officer at the State's Army National Guard headquarters. Interview with him a couple times and that would probably carry over very well for a WOFT packet. Or, he may direct you to someone that he feels will be able to devote that time to giving you a quality letter. Either way, don't go empty handed. Take what you have so far, including taking other letters of recommendations that you might have.

I want to let you know i deeply appreciate those of you who are constantly an incredible help on this forum. Its really helped me alot. Linc, thank you. I am aware of the qualities that the WOFT board wants to see in my letters of recommendation and I have 3 strong letters from a Doctor that i worked for, one of my Advanced Placement teachers and our city manager who I know very well. So those are decent positions in the community but I also figured that a pilots input might be considerably valuable because it comes from someone who knows what it takes to be a pilot. I will have my recruiter check into taking me to OKC...its about 4 hours from here. Thanks,

Josh Royse