Rotorway 162F certification

mechanic

Heard that Rotorway announced at Heli Expo it was thinking about certifying the 162F. I wonder if they will have to replace the tailrotor drive belts with a driveshaft? They were estimating the helicopter to be around $135,000.00. Curious what you think about the little Rotorway? If certified, It could lower the training costs for new pilot ratings....

• 3 months later...
I found this like at Aeromedia, Italy.

Aeromedia

Boy, you gotta love translations.

As much as I would never fly this thing uncertified ( and then add 5 years)...you gotta admit its a damn attractive bird:

Subaru motor, shaft drive to rear rotor, I think think I Might have a little fly (well maybe lock me up if you think I am loosing the plot) 25 ltrs an hour. & 165Kph

Subaru motor, shaft drive to rear rotor, I think think I Might have a little fly (well maybe lock me up if you think I am loosing the plot) 25 ltrs an hour. & 165Kph

It's still not an FAA certified powerplant for the US of A the 162 is destine to be an experimental a/c until the powerplant is replaced with a certified one or the exsisting one makes FAA certifications, (not likely) I like the machine in general, just would prefer it be with certified components :blink:

Edited by 67november