where to buy Gallet helmets?

napalm

I guess the title speaks for itself. Where does one buy MSA Gallet helmets? I have been searching this forum and the internet and can't find a USA distributor. When I go to MSA Gallet USA website they don't even list aviation helmets (let a lone helicopter ones) at all. Kind of strange. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Merit Apparel is definitely the place to get them. There are one or two other people who will sell them to you in the States, but dont really know what they are talking about. The man to speak to at Merit is Rob Haymers. He knows the helmets very well and gives a fair perspective on the pros and cons about the helmet and what accessories to go with. They are currently in the process of updating their website, but they can talk you through everything pretty clearly over the phone. Personally, when I bought mine, I was betweem the Gallet 250 - Dual Visor and the latest Alpha Eagle. Luckily for me a friend had both, and to me the Aplha is too bulky, and everyone I have known, including 4 guys who ordered them together, have had to return their Alpha's for problems. you just cant go wring with the Gallet. One of the best purchases I have ever made. Definitely worth the money. Gentex might be a bit cheaper, but they weight of the Gallet's is fantastic!

As murdock said. Merit Apparel is probably the best place to go. Rob really knows his stuff, and will not try to trick you in ANY way.

I just ordered a helmet from him, Gallet LH-250 (the dual visor). There is some time until I'll get it though, 6-8 weeks.

I also spoke with Tiger Performance up north, but they didn't seem to know much about the aviation helmets as they mostly do raceboat helmets.

• 3 years later...

Great customer service rules the market.

I got my LH-250 through Merit and couldn’t be happier. Once, while attending a HeliExpo I stopped by their booth to say hello in person as I bought all my stuff over the phone. While talking with Rob, I mentioned my leather chin strap cover was beginning to wear out. He simply reached in a box and handed me a new one. Cool….