Transfering Between 141 schools

Can someone enrolled in a part 141 CPL program at one school with say half the time built, transfer to another 141 program at another school to finish under the part 141 hour requirement? Or do you have to convert to a part 61 at the second school to finish off? I have gotten conflicting information in regards to the answer to this, but some help or guidance would be appreciated!

PS, I did do a quick search and couldn't find anything specific to this, but if I missed it I apologize in advance.

Hey Brush,

I think this what you are looking for.

§ 141.77 Limitations.

(a) The holder of a pilot school certificate or a provisional pilot school certificate may not issue a graduation certificate to a student, or recommend a student for a pilot certificate or rating, unless the student has:

(1) Completed the training specified in the pilot school's course of training; and

(2) Passed the required final tests.

(b.) Except as provided in paragraph © of this section, the holder of a pilot school certificate or a provisional pilot school certificate may not graduate a student from a course of training unless the student has completed all of the curriculum requirements of that course;

© A student may be given credit towards the curriculum requirements of a course for previous pilot experience and knowledge, provided the following conditions are met:

(1) If the credit is based upon a part 141-approved training course, the credit given that student for the previous pilot experience and knowledge may be 50 percent of the curriculum requirements and must be based upon a proficiency test or knowledge test, or both, conducted by the receiving pilot school;

(2) If the credit is not based upon a part 141-approved training course, the credit given that student for the previous pilot experience and knowledge shall not exceed more than 25 percent of the curriculum requirements and must be based upon a proficiency test or knowledge test, or both, conducted by the receiving pilot school;

(3) The receiving school determines the amount of course credit to be transferred under paragraph ©(1) or paragraph ©(2) of this section, based on a proficiency test or knowledge test, or both, of the student; and

(4) Credit for training specified in paragraph ©(1) or paragraph ©(2) of this section may be given only if the previous provider of the training has certified in writing, or other form acceptable to the Administrator as to the kind and amount of training provided, and the result of each stage check and end-of-course test, if applicable, given to the student.

[Doc. No. 25910, 62 FR 16347, Apr. 4, 1997; Amdt. 141–9, 62 FR 40908, July 30, 1997]

Browse Previous | Browse Next

For questions or comments regarding e-CFR editorial content, features, or design, email ecfr@nara.gov.

For questions concerning e-CFR programming and delivery issues, email webteam@gpo.gov.

Section 508 / Accessibility

Last updated: August 7, 2006