ALexander Air Logo Design Suggestions

Guest rookie101

I like the wings. Who knows maybe your flight school idea might take off (no pun) and you'll end up having to buy some fixed wing aircraft. If I could through a suggestion into the ring: why not make the big A smaller and place another one down in front of it. You can still keep the wings to. (but then again your designer probably already thought of that)

this is strictly my opinion, but i think "AlexanderAir" should purchase some advertising space here on VR rather than use these threads as a constant "advertisement" (for free).

no matter how innocent you8 try to make it, it's still just thread after thread of free advertising.

as i said, just my opinion.

this is strictly my opinion, but i think "AlexanderAir" should purchase some advertising space here on VR rather than use these threads as a constant "advertisement" (for free).

no matter how innocent you8 try to make it, it's still just thread after thread of free advertising.

as i said, just my opinion.

I don't see this as free advertising per sei as it is more of gathering of opinions of a business logo.

VR will allow a "limited" amount of free advertisement for new companies during their start up. it will be to VR's discerction as to how much "Free advertising" will be allowed.

I like rookies idea on the double A concept.

I like the general concept, but it seems too cartoonish to me, if that makes any sense. I think if the wings were a bit more stylized, more straight lines and angles it might be more appealing to me personally. Great concept though, and I'm glad to see things are taking shape for you.

I like the idea for two A's. I would have a large one, and then a smaller A with its left leg through the center of the first A, and a helicopter flying through both A's. I would use a 500 (because it's soooooo sexy), but that might be a little misleading since you will have an R-22. So perhaps a 22 through both legs. Or even two 22s. I don't really like the defying gravity thing, but I'm not sure what I would replace it with. If that background is a part of the design, I would dump that. I don't think it is, but thought I would say so just in case.

Alex,

I like the basic design of your logo. But...

The logo reminds me of the Indy 500 logo. I'm not to sure the "defying gravity" part seems right for the part. I think you might try another slogan in that part, or leave it blank. Something about simplicity. Dreams take flight? Alexander Flying Service? AlexanderAir? Take Flight? Soaring with Eagles? Wait, that last one reminds me of Eddie Eagle of the NRA...nevermind. I had a few slogans but I forgot them-oldtimers disease.

Anyhow, Nice wings. I do like the logo.

I go now.

Later

I like Witches slogan suggestion, "Dreams take flight," but would make it "Where dreams take flight!"

Alexander Air, Where dreams take flight.

It would be appropriate to the motives you expressed for your school, and the students dreams.

+1 to the slogan being too small.

Hey,

Ive been a graphic designer for awhile, and your design is missing a few important aspects. first, as already mentioned earlier, it needs to be simple. you need a simple image, that instantly says "alexander air" with out actually saying it. Its called branding, and almost every big company uses this ie nike swoosh, mcdonald arches, oakley "O", playboy bunny.

This image, which esentialy is your logo, can then be used for anything, letter heads, shirts, business cards, and it can be any size because you dont have to worry about fitting your company name or motto into it.

The branding image is separate from the company name:

untitled-2.jpg

But often you see them together:

untitled1-2.jpg

Think of your geographic location as well as your services offered when designing a branding image. if youre by the beach, maybe a seagull or pelican (keeping them simple of course).

your company name and motto should be written in a unique font, AND ALWAYS BE WRITTEN IN THE SAME FONT. Oh and i agree, your motto is too complicated. think quick and catchy. just my 2 cents.

Edited by sactown77

I'm not to sure the "defying gravity" part seems right for the part.

I tend to agree with Witch on that one.

Just as long as they're not defying physics! :D

Also, technically, I don't believe "everyday" is one word in this context.

Um, I like the AA idea that's floating around. I think the wings suggests fixed-wing, like "getting your wings" (the captain's pin?). Def need some rotors in there, and I agree with everyone on the following:

*maybe skip the slogan (IMO cheezy, the logo should stand for itself)

*concentrate on branding (sactown77)

*the simpler the better, maybe AA with some sort of heli as per several others' suggestions. let the graphics speak for themselves.

*everyday is definitely the two word version in this case.

...imo...

and remember you still have to like it in 10yrs if you're successful.

Howabout a sillouette of the State of Oregon for a background? Then the wings and "A"? If you go to www.oregonfirearms.org and look at their logo, you'll see what I mean. I have a T-shirt with the logo on the back and I must say it does get noticed-especially since it covers almost the whole back. Definately "In your face" advertising.

Later