Trained in a Schweizer, now what?

ND CFI

I recently completed my CFI rating, in addition to my commercial helicopter license. Most folks at this point would find a CFI job and start to build hours. My problem is, most of the CFI postings want CFIs qualified in the Robinson. So now what? Is it worth going to a different school and buying 50 hours of Robinson time to get a CFI job, or am I not finding the right schools? Any help is appreciated.

Lets see....

Can't hurt to be rated in two different helicopters, but a quick search of the job listings here found the following 300 pilot positions:

2/15/07 CFI needed Washington

1/23/07 CFI needed Massachusets

11/30/06 CFI needed California

10/15/06 CFI needed California

• 1 month later...

I am looking at many schools right now and i was told it was better to train in Bell 47, Eurocopter SA-318C Alouette II, Bell 206, Schweizer/Hughes 269/300 because it is easier to transition into the real world helo jobs than if i trained in R22 and R44 (which are not used other than for flight instructors) like EVERYONE else.........is this true or just BS??? and if its ture then can anyone tell me what they know about Brazos Helicopters?

I do know that finidng a CFI job would be a little harder..... however relocation is not much of a problem with me. From what i know so far about Brazos is that they are a really fine school with the most friendliest and straight forward instructors but have issues with their helicopters being that they do not use R22s and R44s......can anyone enlighten the newbie hahaha :huh: