Silver State Helicopters - What a scam!

I would caution anyone considering joining Silver State Helicopters as a student. They will take your money (without letting you know that interest on the student loan accrues immediately and daily), and they will devote as little time to your success as possible. Oh sure, they'll help you get your private license, so you'll feel all warm and fuzzy, but you're on your own from there. And by that time, you are already committed...good luck trying to get out of your contract. The only way to do that may be to do what at least 21 people in San Diego did and file a lawsuit against them.

They'll claim they have commercial jobs available...yeah, right. The way they make the majority of their profit is through their helicopter school. It's a total assembly line of get 'em in and get 'em out. And don't expect to be employed by them unless you're willing to kiss the butt of whomever is in charge.

Or, you could do what a certain person in the San Diego facility did. Sleep with the guy in charge! This female student ends up having sex with the man in charge and what does Silver State do? Fire them both, as would have been appropriate and ethical? Of course not! Hire her as a flight instructor, of course! And the guy is still working there, too, as an instructor...so they demoted him, big deal...they both should have been terminated. Period.

So, if you're willing to take the risk of immersing yourself in a large student loan and ending up being practically ignored after you get your private license, go for it. And it would definitely help if you are willing to sleep with someone in charge...then you'll likely get hired. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Every location is different. I'm with SSH and dont have any major complaints. Every person who got their CFI or CFII has been hired at my location. I am going to get my CFI in the next 6 months and am confident I will have a job when I'm done. Just my .02

Evey...

Are you a student with SSH?

Did you hear about this? Is it personal experience?

What's your plan to continue?

Are you done with heli's?

Couldn't you just have sex with the newly appointed promiscous CFI chick and work it all out?

OK...so the first four questions are legit...

Z

I think the last question is the most legit. Do we really need another SSH thread? I think there are about 500,000,000 threads on this forum devoted to how SSH will take your money and leave a bad taste in your mouth. Next news item, please.

I think the last question is the most legit. Do we really need another SSH thread? I think there are about 500,000,000 threads on this forum devoted to how SSH will take your money and leave a bad taste in your mouth. Next news item, please.

Here Here

They will take your money (without letting you know that interest on the student loan accrues immediately and daily)

Did you read the contract before you signed it? Just curious.

I would caution anyone considering joining Silver State Helicopters as a student. They will take your money (without letting you know that interest on the student loan accrues immediately and daily), and they will devote as little time to your success as possible. Oh sure, they'll help you get your private license, so you'll feel all warm and fuzzy, but you're on your own from there. And by that time, you are already committed...good luck trying to get out of your contract. The only way to do that may be to do what at least 21 people in San Diego did and file a lawsuit against them.

They'll claim they have commercial jobs available...yeah, right. The way they make the majority of their profit is through their helicopter school. It's a total assembly line of get 'em in and get 'em out. And don't expect to be employed by them unless you're willing to kiss the butt of whomever is in charge.

Or, you could do what a certain person in the San Diego facility did. Sleep with the guy in charge! This female student ends up having sex with the man in charge and what does Silver State do? Fire them both, as would have been appropriate and ethical? Of course not! Hire her as a flight instructor, of course! And the guy is still working there, too, as an instructor...so they demoted him, big deal...they both should have been terminated. Period.

So, if you're willing to take the risk of immersing yourself in a large student loan and ending up being practically ignored after you get your private license, go for it. And it would definitely help if you are willing to sleep with someone in charge...then you'll likely get hired. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Sounds exactly like universal helicopters with them taking the students money and putting them on the back burner after they get their private.