Finally, Passed My Private!!!

After 5 months, just over 70 flight hours and a week delay between my Oral and Practical due to weather, I finally passed my checkride yesterday. I even did what may be my best straight in auto, right to the spot. There were a couple of times I thought I was going to fail but my examiner said they were good enough for private, but definitely not for commercial. It went a lot better than I expected given I hadn't flown in a week and half.

It's a great feeling to finally get this stage of my training over with and now look forward to continuing with my Commercial and Instrument. I started to feel frustrated in my training that I could really not go any further until I got my private. You can only do so many autos and patterns without something else to break up the repetition.

After 5 months, just over 70 flight hours and a week delay between my Oral and Practical due to weather, I finally passed my checkride yesterday. I even did what may be my best straight in auto, right to the spot. There were a couple of times I thought I was going to fail but my examiner said they were good enough for private, but definitely not for commercial. It went a lot better than I expected given I hadn't flown in a week and half.

It's a great feeling to finally get this stage of my training over with and now look forward to continuing with my Commercial and Instrument. I started to feel frustrated in my training that I could really not go any further until I got my private. You can only do so many autos and patterns without something else to break up the repetition.

Congrats Icqa.....welcome to the club!

Don't beat yourself up over your auto's, like the DPE said, they were satifactory for a PPL! You'll have plenty of time, to polish your auto's for your commercial check ride!

:D

R91

What school are you training at?

What school are you training at?

I'm currently training with Helicopter Experts, just north of San Antonio, TX. Part 141 at a small uncontrolled field.

Way to go! That's great. Congrats!

What's next for you?

Paul

It's on to Commercial and Instrument.

This is turning into an epidemic...... I hope it is still in full swing by the time my turn comes around.

Congratulations!!

It's spring time. Everyone is starting to spread their wings and fly. :)

Yep Its spring time . Im just getting started at Tropical Helicopter in Leesburg FL working on my PPL and loving it. I got 7 hours in the log book and everything is going good. Good job btw icqa. I cant wait to be at that point.

Congrats...ic...way to "stick" with it...(pun intended)

BTW...montu...I'm in Miami, FL @ Pelican Flight Training...Keep in touch with your progress...It's good to have a fellow trainee in Florida.