Celebrity Pilots

Gerhardt

I wasn't going to be the first to bring it up. She's gone short and blond now, it seems. I prefer her longer, dark, permed hair.

Photo from Patty's website. Couldn't find any with her and a helicopter.

Linc- Thanks for posting that photo..yeah...uhh...great looking airplane there !! (short hair and blonde suits me just fine, thank you !)

from Patty's website " Since then earned her Commercial, Instrument, Seaplane and Commercial Helicopter Ratings. She is a Flight and Instrument Instructor and is rated and qualified to fly many airplanes, from World War II warbirds to jets."

Wow, Bob Hannah has his own aviation dealership..

Yes I was a big fan of his back in the day.. he was the RC and the JMG of his time..

A real MX pioneer

Cool, fan here as well. Definitely took the sport to new levels. Hannah was a big racer in planes as well and I believe raced a modified P-51 Mustang.

.............Does anyone know what kind of helicopter Eastwood flies? I saw the 60 minute piece when it first aired a few years ago, but I never caught the chopper type. I think it is black and gold in color. Be obliged to anyone who can name the type and as an added bonus the full registration. Thanks gents,

BA.

........................Does anyone know what make of helicopter Eastwood flies? It is black and gold in color I think. Be obliged to anyone who can shed a bit of light on the chopper type and maybe the registration as well. Thanks.

BA.

From what i saw, they blurred out most of the identifing information on the ship

Patty- wow theres a looker...and I hear a pretty fair pilot too !!

She used to fly out of Potomac airfield. Here is a pic of her and I from 2 years ago. I "SO" have a crush on her. She comes here pretty often for some of the EAA areobatic contests in the area. I was not aware she had a helo though.

meandpatty.JPG

Lorenzo Lamas is dual rated, saw him at Group 3 at VNY after a lesson! We watched military planes take off on a Monday after the VNY airshow on Sunday, he was a little rusty on ID'n the planes!

Yes, I met him at the Robinson Course a few years ago. Very nice and down to earth.

.............Does anyone know what kind of helicopter Eastwood flies? I saw the 60 minute piece when it first aired a few years ago, but I never caught the chopper type. I think it is black and gold in color. Be obliged to anyone who can name the type and as an added bonus the full registration. Thanks gents,

BA.

From what I could gather it was an Eurocopter Astar 350 (B2/3 model). Eastwood being a Millionaire, I am sure it was the latest evolution of the Astar 350 series...a B3

Edited by jsmith13

I heard that Dr. Phil is dual rated for fixed wing and rotorcraft. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Rotorchic

I heard that Dr. Phil is dual rated for fixed wing and rotorcraft. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Rotorchic

If you know their full name, you can go to the FAA Pilot info site and look them up. The site will tell you what ratings they hold also.

FAA.gov

If you know their full name, you can go to the FAA Pilot info site and look them up. The site will tell you what ratings they hold also.

FAA.gov

Dr. Phil "Phillip Calvin McGraw" is stuck wing rated only.

Certificates

1 of 1

DOI: 4/26/2007

Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT

AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

........................Does anyone know what make of helicopter Eastwood flies? It is black and gold in color I think. Be obliged to anyone who can shed a bit of light on the chopper type and maybe the registration as well. Thanks.

BA.

after an exhaustive search, ok so I'm just tired not really exhausted,

it is a 1986 AS 350 B1 that is registered to his production company, Malpaso Productions in Burbank.

after an exhaustive search, ok so I'm just tired not really exhausted,

it is a 1986 AS 350 B1 that is registered to his production company, Malpaso Productions in Burbank.

Got to love it...here is a guy that can pay for it all, but now it is a tax write off with "his" company.

• 2 weeks later...
I was reading the red board this morning and learned that David Lee Roth picked up his helicopter PPL a few months ago. Makes you wonder what other celebrities fly helicopters. (Harrison Ford and Gomer Pylot are the only other two that I know of). Also makes you wonder if they lurk here, unable to post for the obvious reason. Or maybe they do post under the moniker of fry or November67.

Harrison Ford got checked out in a Jet Ranger at Volar Helicopters, FL about 10 years ago. I was going for my Private or Commercial at the time. He was standing around chatting to enthusiastic students and instructors out in front of the hangars while I was preflighting. The school since changed name to Cavair.

Harrison Ford busted the Class D at KSUS during the Labor Day airshow about 5 years ago. Our POI at the local FSDO tracked the N-number down to some leasing company, called them, and said he needed the name & number with the PIC on that date/time. They wouldn't give it to him, but said the pilot would call him back in a few days. Sure enough, a few days later HF calls and introduces himself! Nice guy he said. It got passed off to the regional office and who knows if anything ever happened.

He also came to the Outer Marker Pilot Shop at SUS one day. The owner told me he was a little awestruck and just couldn't place the name and face together. Everyone in the shop was looking and finally HF smiles and yells, "Yep, It's ME!". They said he was really nice, signed a some autographs, bought a few maps, and left.

Harrison Ford busted the Class D at KSUS during the Labor Day airshow about 5 years ago.

bought a few maps, and left.

Hmmm..maybe he should have had a current chart BEFORE he entered Class D airspace??

Honestly, I always thought he had a LongRanger...maybe that was the one he rolled over ??