Stop me from getting a medical?

varicocele in men will Not stop you from getting your medical, this may only stop you from having kids if the veins dialate too much, then surgical therapy is needed. this is not a life threatning condition and will have nothing to do with your medical. this problem is really unknown and usually results in altered blood flow from your left kidney intor the left side of your scrotum. The worse case is some painful testicles and possiblility of infertility. You will be fine on your medical, they are worried about seroius medical conditions and certain medical problems and medications. and mental health problems, diabeties, seizure disorders and heart and lung problems..... go get you medical

Thats a relief dlo. Yes I know what it is, I was diagnosed with it. I figured maybe they were concerned with anything that may cause pain and make you move in a random motion. I am scheduled for my medical, but as of now the closes date this doctor had was 1 month from now :(. Is bringing information about the last 3 years of doctor visits standard?

Thats a relief dlo. Yes I know what it is, I was diagnosed with it. I figured maybe they were concerned with anything that may cause pain and make you move in a random motion. I am scheduled for my medical, but as of now the closes date this doctor had was 1 month from now :(. Is bringing information about the last 3 years of doctor visits standard?

Yeppers! It's a pretty thorough physical, depending on the FAA AME. But the paperwork wants to know all about your doctor's visits the last 3 years, and ANY time you've ever been in a hospital. I was pretty freaked out about my medical too, right up until I got it. I was in and out in about 35 minutes. Nothing major, just checking the big stuff. Believe it or not, the red/green thing gets more people than anything else. Sorry to hear you have that, it sounds kinda nasty, but go get your medical cert. You'll be fine.

Edited by Fastlane

bringing the last three years of you medical history and dates and reasons you were hospitalized is pretty standard for an air medical I'm pretty sure. you can go on aopa's website and ask a medical doctor of flight surgeon a question I think...

by the way, when you do get your medical, even if it is third class, they will put thier hands on your balls and make you turn and cough for the possibility of a hernia. so if they do grab your balls, they will probably see the dialated veins and what not. so make sure you are strait forward with that, or tell them you took a softball in the nuts last week.. ha ha... They are more concerned about your use of pain medication than if you have a potential painful condition. I think we all could take a vicodin now and then for our headaches and back pain, but you definetly should not be on any pain medications while you are flying and they will want to know if you are currently on them as well....