Time Building!

I'm confused how this works. You guys are paying commercial operators to fly their missions for them?

BGM- not really, you are along for the ride, they keep doing what they are paid to do and you pay to be at the controls. Definitely not within the scope of FAR's until you have your commercial license..then its a great, cheap way to gain experience in other ( usually turbine) aircraft.

Goldy

BGM- not really, you are along for the ride, they keep doing what they are paid to do and you pay to be at the controls. Definitely not within the scope of FAR's until you have your commercial license..then its a great, cheap way to gain experience in other ( usually turbine) aircraft.

Goldy

I see. It just seems like to me that if you are flying, you're the one that should be getting paid, not the other way around. I assume you get to log PIC time?

I would have to agree with joker, I dont have my FARs in front of my but I would guess you would have to be at least a COMM pilot to fly the Helo if it is being paid for. I agree that the flight time alone is useful especally if you get to to the radio work for experence, but it sure would be nice to get the starts cause thats what everyone needs. Anyway good luck with all your searching

Fly Safe

BEN

You do not need to be a comm pilot to fly a helicopter thats being paid for. There are lots of private pilots that rent helicopters ( ie: helicopter being paid for ) and go out and build time.

Edited by fatnlazy

You do not need to be a comm pilot to fly a helicopter thats being paid for. There are lots of private pilots that rent helicopters ( ie: helicopter being paid for ) and go out and build time.

Sorry I didnt make myself very clear, I was trying to say that someone else was paying for the ship, therefor they were renting/hireing it and you were also paying for it???? Who is paying for it then? I get what you are saying thought about a private pilot renting a aircraft for a flight that is not commercial in scope.

Fly Safe

BEN

Any news Permision?? I'm looking to buy 50 hours ASAP, as I got a checkride on May the 15th for my first job. :unsure:

Gunner got his CFI there. I will be talking with him this weekend and will get the scoop. I know American is still in business. Every FBO at Manassas has been know to have phone problems on occasion. Must be Verizon's lines out there.

Any news Permision?? I'm looking to buy 50 hours ASAP, as I got a checkride on May the 15th for my first job. :unsure:

I talked with him last night. He is still working on it. Stand by and I will let you know as soon as I can. If you are in the N. VA or W MD area we can split time if you want.

Split time?? How does that work?

I talked with him last night. He is still working on it. Stand by and I will let you know as soon as I can. If you are in the N. VA or W MD area we can split time if you want.

Split time?? How does that work?

We share the cost of an hourly rental. Though you can only log the time you are at the controls. So if we rent for an hour, we each get .5 of PIC. Doesn't save you anything but gives you something to do other then poke holes in the sky. Give me another month or so and I should have my CFI then we can both log the PIC.

What's the closest major airport near Manassas??

That would be Washington Dulles or Washington National. Either one is about a 30-45 minute drive to Manassas. You thinking of coming down for a week and knocking out a few hours?

That would be Washington Dulles or Washington National. Either one is about a 30-45 minute drive to Manassas. You thinking of coming down for a week and knocking out a few hours?

Yea depending on American Helicopters prices, I'm looking at 50-80 hours of flight time.