Non-silicone based Wax

spencer

i use wd-40 on the robby blades but i'm looking for a non-siliconed based wax( if you try to repaint you'll have a hell of a time if you use siliconed wax) to wax the blades. It is becoming the season for bugs and i want to put some wax on them, i was wondering if anyone new a wax that would work.

don't know if any wax is good as you can get the blades out of track, even a small amount can cause a problem.

be due diligent at keeping them clean and use abrasion tape to the limits recommended in your maintenance manual ( see your A&P for that info).

If I remember correctly when I attended the Robbinson factory school a asked a lot of questions about cleaning the helicopters as that was my job at the school I worked at. They were Very clear about not putting WD-40 or any thing like that on the blades. You may want to call them to conferm. They did say that waxing them was okay and I seem to remember using that stuff that comes in a bright orange bottle. Cant remember the name not, I will have to look around. It was a polomer wax though. Worked great and made washing the bugs off the blades easy. Hope this helps but please call Robinson on the WD-40. with all the blade issues I would be careful

Fly Safe

BEN

i use wd-40 on the robby blades but i'm looking for a non-siliconed based wax( if you try to repaint you'll have a hell of a time if you use siliconed wax) to wax the blades. It is becoming the season for bugs and i want to put some wax on them, i was wondering if anyone new a wax that would work.

Turtle Wax is the what the factory said to use -

turtle wax - like the car kind - factory recomends

i just spoke with the factory and the stuff they use is called Dupont Enamel Cleaner 3939S. I tried getting it from a local distributer but they wouldn't allow it because of a liability, so i just ordered it from the factory. thanks for your reply's

sn

i just spoke with the factory and the stuff they use is called Dupont Enamel Cleaner 3939S. I tried getting it from a local distributer but they wouldn't allow it because of a liability, so i just ordered it from the factory. thanks for your reply's

sn

This link says Automotive Finishes at the top. So, I don't see why your local paint and body shop that sells paint to the public would not have this if they carried the Dupont Paints.

Dupont, its probably along the lines as Acetone or MEK..Very Toxic.