Trying to Identify Helicopter

kickert

Hey folks. I used to work in aviation with the US Forest Service as a heli-rappeller. In my travels and working at heli-bases I got to see plenty of cool aircraft. I am trying to figure out the model of a particular helicopter I worked with on a fire in Nevada. Here is what I remember.

It was a Bell model and had the same basic configuration as a 212 or 412. The difference was this had a huge engine on it (actually I think it was a dual engine helicopter). This ship had unbelievable power. I remember it had a HUGE exhaust port. For some reason I thought someone told me the engine was similar to one in a chinook, but I am not too confident of that.

Can anyone help... this is driving me nuts.

If it had the same body style of the 212 or 412 and it only had one exhaust it was probably a single engine Bell 205 like the one below. Not a 212 or 412 which both have dual exhaust like the second picture.

205.jpg

212.jpg

Very much a 214B, maybe like this one...and yup, they were equipped with a T-55 that had some drivers overload and fold up the airframe without a complaint from the turbine.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1203640/L/

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

214B.jpg