What's there to do in Watsonville?

Any nightlife there.. or stuff to do on the weekends?

I'm considering moving there myself... probably more to do in santa cruz, check out craigslist.org for info on area activities and the city of Santa Cruz website has links to events and stuff...

Also not too far from San Fran to do stuff on weekends...

I assume you mean Watsonville, CA. You've got Monterey to the south, Gilroy to the east, San Jose/San Fran to the north and Santa Cruz to west. I used to drive through it when I went from Monterey to Santa Cruz which was rare. Use to live in San Jose.

Edited by icqa

Watsonville doesn't have much except agriculture. Santa Cruz is the place to go unless you want to head up to San Francisco. The drive to San Fran is pretty long for just a night out but for the weekend you would be alright.

I assume you mean Watsonville, CA. You've got Monterey to the south, Gilroy to the west, San Jose/San Fran to the north and Santa Cruz to east. I used to drive through it when I went from Monterey to Santa Cruz which was rare. Use to live in San Jose.

Gilroy is East, Santa Cruz is N/W ;)

Dude, are you kidding? Yes, Monterey is one of the most beautiful spots on the west coast, with plenty of tourist stuff, and sightseeting outdoors that can cost little to nothing if you stay in the state parks, hike, and so on. And think: you'll be flying above it!

Santa Cruz...plenty to do, plenty of night life, etc. Gilroy is good for shopping as is San Jose, etc.

A few considerations: fall and spring are fairly clear with decent weather, but understand that the rest of the year is best characterized as wet and foggy at about 60 degrees most of the year. Very low-vis some days, which is conquered by flying away from the coast and inland...so don't fool yourself into thinking that you'll be "hitting the beach" all year in the helo or out of it. You'll be on the beach, but wearing shorts and a sweat shirt! It's not necessarily warm all the time!

BUT: BEAUTIFUL, lots to do, but it can be pricey. Gas and so on, plus I had a brief discussion with Chris (the owner of Specialized) who has been struggling against raising his prices. He's not the type to do so just because, but fuel keeps going $up, so keep your eyes open.