Private Pilot License

I am trying to calculate the total cost of my flight training to get my PPL. I am factoring everything because I will have to relocate. Meaning, I have to calculate the cost of flight training, housing, fuel, and living expenses, ect. I need to know how long does it take for an individual to complete the PPL flight training program? I was told it takes 3 months, but I need to factor in a buffer in case the unexpected happens. I appreciate the information from everyone in this forum, and thanks for your time.

Thomas

I am trying to calculate the total cost of my flight training to get my PPL. I am factoring everything because I will have to relocate. Meaning, I have to calculate the cost of flight training, housing, fuel, and living expenses, ect. I need to know how long does it take for an individual to complete the PPL flight training program? I was told it takes 3 months, but I need to factor in a buffer in case the unexpected happens. I appreciate the information from everyone in this forum, and thanks for your time.

Thomas

Some people have done it in a month. Guess it depends how much time you put into it & how often you get to fly, given weather & equipment.

It depends entirely on the school, aircraft availability, and your dedication. I got my PPL in 3 weeks, but I was flying almost every day, and an aircraft was always available. Some people take years, for one reason or another. I don't think it's realistically possible for anyone to give you an accurate timeframe, because it's so variable.

I have to agree with Gomer and Coanda, it ALL depends on the person. If you aircraft is available, weather is good, and you're hitting the books 3+ hours a day, maybe a month, but I would plan on at least 3 months! You're better off to giver yourself a hefty time buffer, rather than run out of time and money after a giver period of time.

I paid for my PPL and sad to say, it took me 2 years flying once a week to get it...BUT...I DID IT all by myself, with no help from no one, and no debt either! I was also 22 at the time too! Of all the relationships I've had, with the exception of family, flying is the ONLY thing I've stuck with the longest!

Good luck...and STUDY, STUDY, AND STUDY SOME MORE! If you can get your written out of the way first, then you just have to worry about the flying!

Cheers

R91

The little unexpected things will always pop up. Took me 2-1/2 months or so, but weather was the big thiing, and I was trying todo it full time. Don't try and cram it in to quick, there is alot you have to understand and comprehend. Going to quick might catch up with you later.