Summit Helicopters & Sky Helicopters

I have recently gained much intrest in both Summit and Sky Helicopters in the DFW area (Addison/Garland) for two main reasons. One being; they seem to have top notch facilities with instructors and personel second to none....and second; my brother and his wife live in argyle (outskirts of FW) so that is a HUGE plus.

However i will now be looking at both of their costs when its all said and done, in comparison of one another. i do realize that they may have the same "bare mininmum" costs shown on their websites but i think it would still be nice to hear some input from those who made it through both and how big of a dent they aquired after the fact. I plan on using SM block loans of $20,000 at a time and braking that up into 6 dispersments at a time preventing un-wanted intrest growth. (talk to photoflyer for help he knows his stuff).

i just need to know financially which school has the advantage over the other if thats even the case. if not.....great ill flip a coin hahaha. :P

Oh yeah as for Brazos Helicopters....i havent ruled them out completely but i cant seem to get near as much feed back on them as i have been able to with both Summit and Sky.

annnnnd i was told by one of the owners of Brazos that i would be recieving a package with information on their contract agreements along with a business card. BUUUUUT that has yet to happen and thats NO bueno. :huh:

since your in the houston area, i know there is a guy over in laporte with a hiller who is doing training. its call ascent aviation, also there is were i went, salaika aviation, as well as a school out at weiser air park, im not sure of the name, but i have seen them when flying around. also check with HSI up in spring. . just a few options closer to home

The school at Weiser is Anything's Possible Aviation. David is a good guy, a helluva pilot, but my concern there is that it's a one-man operation. I don't see that as being a bad thing if you want to get a PPL on the weekends, but if you want to go full time and go "all the way", it might be something to think about.