Looking for R44 time...

Hello,

I am a 180 hour PPL (mearly a checkride away from my CPL) in York, Pennsylvania, and I am looking to transition into an R44. Most of my time is in various models of the Bell 47, with some 300CBi time. I have no Robinson experience. Does anyone know of any school within driving distance of York, PA (near Harrisburg) where I could obtain such training?

Hello,

I am a 180 hour PPL (mearly a checkride away from my CPL) in York, Pennsylvania, and I am looking to transition into an R44. Most of my time is in various models of the Bell 47, with some 300CBi time. I have no Robinson experience. Does anyone know of any school within driving distance of York, PA (near Harrisburg) where I could obtain such training?

http://www.advancedhelicopter.com/index.html

This place is in Frederick, MD.

RW

I am just looking to start my training. I live in Harrisburg or Lancaster and this is not that far from Lancaster..maybe an extra 30 minutes from Harrisburg..

http://www.libertyaviation.com/

they have R-22s and R-44s

I know the owner/CFII of Liberty (his ships are in the hangar next to where we keep an R44). He is a good guy, and I've never heard any complaints about his instruction. I've only flown with him twice, once a week or so before my PP checkride, and once when we were thinking about buying an R44 he wanted to sell. Based on that very limited experience, he seemed ok to me. It's a pretty good haul from KTHV to KOQN though -- flight time in an R44 is 30-35 minutes.

I know the owner/CFII of Liberty (his ships are in the hangar next to where we keep an R44). He is a good guy, and I've never heard any complaints about his instruction. I've only flown with him twice, once a week or so before my PP checkride, and once when we were thinking about buying an R44 he wanted to sell. Based on that very limited experience, he seemed ok to me. It's a pretty good haul from KTHV to KOQN though -- flight time in an R44 is 30-35 minutes.

I was only thinking about going there because of the cost.

I live really close to Dutch Helicopters but they are like 316 an hour in Bel 47s while the Liberty place is 200, I am deff not spending more then 100 bucks getting to west chester.