407 in the GOM

Sugatrix

Just a couple questions for those who know and would share.....

1) I've researched a few fleets and noticed that there are relatively few Bell 407s flying in the gulf and I was wondering why?

2) Are there any of the GOM companies that manage aircraft owned by another party?

3) Whats a 407 lease for per hour?

Thanks for any help...

1) I've researched a few fleets and noticed that there are relatively few Bell 407s flying in the gulf and I was wondering why?

When the 407 first came out it had a lot of MX issues - especially in the tail rotor. No more than you probably would expect from an A model, but that put a few companies like IHTI off them for good. Got them all fixed now though and really are great birds.

2) Are there any of the GOM companies that manage aircraft owned by another party?

I know that El Paso has a couple of B206s and that they are replacing them with newer Eurocopters (135s I think) It was in a recent issue of HeliOps, I think that PHI manages them and flies them. I think that Chevron owns a couple of aircraft that AirLog maintains and flies them.

I also know that Chevron has a couple of Heliports that AirLog uses (Intercoastal City, Leeville). And those are just the ones that I have flown out of, I am sure there are others.

3) Whats a 407 lease for per hour?

Thanks for any help...

I'd recommend you look at Air Log & PHI's websites. You will see on both sites show that we operate dozens in the GOM. I'm at Air log and I know that we operate a few dozen. I fly one and enjoy it immensely. It'll out work a E135 all day long.