auto GPS in GOM?

Sebas

I did that years ago, until we got panel-mounted GPS installed in everything in the fleet, used LORAN before that. I started out with a Magellan Pioneer, and progressed to a Garmin Legend. There is a database of offshore platforms available in Palm format, and also available on the MMS website. You'll have to massage the MMS file a little, but it's accurate. I also have all the platforms in Excel or text format, if anyone wants it. Any of the Garmin or Magellan units should work fine, it's just a matter of which format you prefer. Getting one with an SD card slot is a good idea, because you can load the data on the SD card in the PC and just put it into the GPS. You can connect the GPS to the PC via cable, of course, but it's not as convenient.

I TOOK A GARMIN STREET PILOT ON A CRUISE TO JAMAICA AND THE CAYMAN ISLAND ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. I WAS IMPRESSED WITH IT'S ABILITY TO PLOT SPEED AND THE ALTITUDE ABOVE SEA LEVEL AS WE MOVED FROM LOWER TO UPPER DECKS OF THE CRUISE SHIP. NOTE: IT ALSO WORKS GREAT WHEN LANDLOCKED.

DOUGH