Flight Instruction

r8z^

Are there a lot of flight instruction jobs that are fulltime work, or do you have to work odd hours and worry if you will get students?

In other words, will I be able to find a good flight instruction job as a new CFII? Something that will have me working 8 hour days like a normal job?

Are most insctruction jobs salaried or hourly based? And if they are salaried, does that mean you work everyday whether you have students or not?

1. Are there a lot of flight instruction jobs that are fulltime work, or do you have to work odd hours and worry if you will get studets?

Yes there are lots of jobs out there for flight instructors, and yes there will be the occasional times you will have to work odd hours to accomidate to your students schedule.

The amount of students you have will depend on how busy the flight school you work for is.

2. In other words, will I be able to find a good flight instruction job as a new CFII? Something that will have me working 8 hour days like a normal job?

CFII has an advatage over just a CFI. Most schools are looking for II's

You will most likely be putting in closer to 10 - 12 hrs a day, again depending on how busy your flight school is.

3. Are most insctruction jobs salaried or hourly based? And if they are salaried, does that mean you work everyday whether you have students or not?

I have never heard of a salaried flight instructor.

You would most likely come in about 30 min before your first student arrives and leave after you last student leaves and you get all your paperwork done.

Hope this helps a little.