Robinson waiting list

I was wondering what the typical wait is for the safety course if you can go at the drop of a hat. I just received my ppl and should have enrolled earlier because the course is booked for 10 months (who says it pays to procrastinate :( ). The school's insurance company (Pathfinders) requires the course before taking up passengers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

ironranger

I sent in an application for the safety course on my very first day flying with the understanding that it would take at least 6 months for me to get into one, and it turned out to be about that long. Sent in the app in April, going to LA in October. (So I at least have to have my private by then :rolleyes: . I just filled in "first available time" on the requested session, and (of course) I'll be flying afterwards instead of before.

If you're purchasing a Robinson-

or flying for someone who is purchasing a Robinson-

They will find you a spot in the class.

Usually just prior to the completion date of the aircraft.

gft

i will have 10 hours total tomorrow. so do yall think it would be best for me to sign up for the robinson safety course now? im sure this would be the best course of action in order to cut down on idle waiting time.

thanks

Absolutely. You can sign up with just your student pilot license...need to have your ticket to attend.

Just to reinforce the last response.... You should sign up now, but pick a date that you're 100% sure that you will have your PPL completed by. Since they're always booked up 6 months in advance that shouldn't be a problem if you're flying once or twice a week.

awesome, that sounds great! yet another step towards attaining the dream. thanks yet again everybody..

p.s. what is the website for the safety course?

also, do you have to re-do the course at any time? how long does the certificate of completion last?

Edited by TheLorax

i will have 10 hours total tomorrow. so do yall think it would be best for me to sign up for the robinson safety course now? im sure this would be the best course of action in order to cut down on idle waiting time.

thanks

I wished I would have signed up at your point in training because they are almost 10 months out on the training (March 08). I sent Judy at Robinson an email to see how long the waiting list is for cancellation replacements but I haven't heard back yet. You will be amazed at how fast the time will go by and if you wait too long you'll be in my shoes.

Thanks everyone for the replies to my post

ironranger

awesome, that sounds great! yet another step towards attaining the dream. thanks yet again everybody..

p.s. what is the website for the safety course?

also, do you have to re-do the course at any time? how long does the certificate of completion last?

The certificate does not expire. However different insurance, employer requirements and Robinson ferry requirements mean that you take the course every 3-5 years.

I talked to Nancy at Robinson the other day and she put me on the waiting list and said something could open up this Fall. She also said they only contact you once and if you can't make it they take you off the waiting list. My luck she will call and schedule during deer hunting season. My advice to everyone is to get on the schedule now so you don't end up in my situation.

ironranger

I talked to Nancy at Robinson the other day and she put me on the waiting list and said something could open up this Fall. She also said they only contact you once and if you can't make it they take you off the waiting list. My luck she will call and schedule during deer hunting season. My advice to everyone is to get on the schedule now so you don't end up in my situation.

ironranger

uhhh...isnt it ALWAYS deer hunting season in NE Minnesota ??????

Yeh it can be a pretty long season if you do all the archery, rifle and muzzleloader seasons. I just hunt the rifle season which is 2 weeks long. I guess there is one other season that lasts all year long ..... the hit em with your car season.

ironranger