A book I can HIGHLY recommend

The title is "Fate is the Hunter". Its not about helicopters but about the start of commercial aviation and carrying passengers on planes such as the DC 3. I have to tell you, I have many a good aviation book including Chicken Hawk and I would say with no doubt that this is equal to Chicken Hawk in everyway. I had no idea what these guys had to go through...crazy!! Anyway, it might be out print but if you go you your local library I bet you'll find it. Anyone who does start reading it-let me know.

The title is "Fate is the Hunter". Its not about helicopters but about the start of commercial aviation and carrying passengers on planes such as the DC 3. I have to tell you, I have many a good aviation book including Chicken Hawk and I would say with no doubt that this is equal to Chicken Hawk in everyway. I had no idea what these guys had to go through...crazy!! Anyway, it might be out print but if you go you your local library I bet you'll find it. Anyone who does start reading it-let me know.

Ernest (sp?) K Gann wrote more than one aviation book. They're all worth a read.

I whole-heartedly agree with you. That was one of the best aviation books that I have read. I fly EMS and I used to keep it in my flight bag for some of the long hospital waits I would often run encounter. I never grew tired of re-reading those stories. They were compelling. Eventually, the pages were all dog-earred, some stained with Hydraulic fluid or Tranny oil. The front and back cover, as well as the ending of the last story parted company with the book at some point. The final insult came when I dropped it in the small puddle of Jet-A that always forms under the fuelling port. I had to throw it away after that. I'd love to get my hands on another one.