Software Booking Sheets?

G'day rotorheads! B)

I've lately been pining for the ability to check to see which helicopters and training slots are booked by checking it online somehow. The normal paper booking sheet, while it 'works', is a real pain at times because it's quite hard to see at times which instructor is available and which machine is available (because everyone seems to have their own system for symbols etc.). Not to mention bookings that 'disappear' or get moved without anyone knowing until the last minute.. <_<

I've been looking at Google Calendar, but it's a bit too much of a kludge to use it for bookings. Even a software package that runs standalone on a computer or something would be nice?

What do you guys use? Or is pretty much everyone using the dead-tree method?

Cheers!!

DF

G'day rotorheads! B)

I've lately been pining for the ability to check to see which helicopters and training slots are booked by checking it online somehow. The normal paper booking sheet, while it 'works', is a real pain at times because it's quite hard to see at times which instructor is available and which machine is available (because everyone seems to have their own system for symbols etc.). Not to mention bookings that 'disappear' or get moved without anyone knowing until the last minute.. <_<

I've been looking at Google Calendar, but it's a bit too much of a kludge to use it for bookings. Even a software package that runs standalone on a computer or something would be nice?

What do you guys use? Or is pretty much everyone using the dead-tree method?

Cheers!!

DF

My school uses:

http://www.flightschedulepro.com/

I like it a lot.

www.myfbo.com

Works well. No server to buy or manage, just need a computer and internet connection. Students and instructors like it, they can be at home relaxing and log on and sign up for a lesson/check schedule. Also, all the student info (phone numbers) are on it so if you need to call one just log on and get it.

Edited by HeloJVB