Brantly upper bubble, Poll

Brantly Upper Bubble  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which upper bubble would make the B2B look less ugly?

• Bubble 1
    • Bubble 2
    • Bubble 3
    • AviationWeeks Photo

I hope everyone realizes this is just for fun. I might email the results to Brantly, though? lol.. I really think the upper bubble hurts the looks on the B2B more than anything else on the airframe.

B2B_white.jpgThis is the orig B2A and B2B bubble.

B2B_whitebubble1.JPG#1

B2B_whitebubble2.JPG#2

B2B_whitebubble3.JPG#3

AviationWeek Photo.jpg#4

Here are some pics of the newer panel and grips added since 91'. Makes it more modern looking on the interior.

I tried to make this color photo match the bubble you all are voting for. How close do you think I made it to the drawing? And, how do you think it looks on a real heli? Working with it in color is a challenge.

The ole B2 bubble was horrible, like flying with a gold fish bowl around your head. See pic below.

Thanks

B2B_pic156.jpg

B2B_pic158.jpg

B2B_pic154Bubblemod.JPG

B2_pic004a.jpg

• 3 years later...

Well, seems the Chinese are taking the ole Brantly to a new level. They have transformed it into a UAV!! I love the new lines on the front of this thing. Hope they develope a bubble close to this UAV. The Brantly website states that they closed the Vernon TX plant and are in the process of aquiring a new facility in the Dallas/Ft Worth area!! They may revive the Brantly yet!?!!!

Branty V750 aka B2B

AviationWeek Photo

The #4 picture looks pretty sleek, but flying from a desk would take all the fun out of it. At least for a pilot, I'm sure that there are plenty of video game geeks that would have fun taking a job away from a true pilot though.

I wondered what was up with them. MD, Brantly and Enstrom. I think all 3 together build about 10 ships a year....Anyone have any idea how many were actually built in 2010?

BTW, I like the UAV look...still looks like lipstick on a pig though. Make no mistake however, I may not like the look, but I would still fly it....anyone here ever fly a Brantly?

edit..looks like MD built 6 new ships this year. (5)500E models and one 530F.

Edited by Goldy

Goldy:

Here is a place you can get your Brantly question answered, a great group of Brantly people.

There were no new Brantlys built in 2009 or 2010. They did have two leftover 2005s they sold and then the company was sold and officially moved to China. They are supposed to be starting up in Dallas but, I really doubt it, just the parts will be made to support the U.S. and maybe the engines. Just a guess at this point.

China wanted a "type certificate" for a helicopter. Word is they will be building the UAV and the helicopter for their military training of pilots. Maybe, they will ship a few to the U.S. since they can with the certificate.

Yes, I have flown one and they are really smooth. I am sure the blades with the two sections (inboard & outboard) helps with the smoothness. The only initial concern I had was the blades being so close to your head. Think about it, they had to make the bubble flat on top, it must be close.

http://www.brantly.info/

edspilot

Well, seems the Chinese are taking the ole Brantly to a new level. They have transformed it into a UAV!! I love the new lines on the front of this thing. Hope they develope a bubble close to this UAV. The Brantly website states that they closed the Vernon TX plant and are in the process of aquiring a new facility in the Dallas/Ft Worth area!! They may revive the Brantly yet!?!!!

Branty V750 aka B2B

AviationWeek Photo

Geez...now Brantlys and Hillers are going to be built in China, who's next? Bell? MD? Sikorsky?

Geez...now Brantlys and Hillers are going to be built in China, who's next? Bell? MD? Sikorsky?

Funny you mention that. I think its the airframes that Lynn (MD) is building in China now? And Bell is owned by Textron, Inc. They just built an aircraft factory in Shenyang, China. Same place where Cessna (also a Textron Company)struck a deal to build the 162 Skycatcher aircraft.

You've already got the Shanghai Sikorsky Helicopter Company in China so I wouldn't doubt anything at this point.

Sorry to hear about Brantly basically closing up shop. I never saw any sales/marketing efforts by the company. Not even sure if they were at HAI-Houston the last couple times. I have heard they were a very stable ship, similar to the Hiller's.

I may not like the look, but I would still fly it....anyone here ever fly a Brantly?

Yes, Goldy, I own, fly, and train in Brantlys. I won't deny that they aren't the best looking helicopters, but they are pretty nice for a personal ship and even for a trainer.

Yes, Goldy, I own, fly, and train in Brantlys. I won't deny that they aren't the best looking helicopters, but they are pretty nice for a personal ship and even for a trainer.

Ahhh, I remember we had someone that owned one...just couldn't remember who it was! If you ever want a nice cross country, fly it up to LA sometime!